• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba on KC TWC Metro Sports tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedIggy

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
**** DVR Alert for those in Kansas City with Time Warner Cable****

Gardner Edgerton vs. Blue Valley West is the game of the week on Metro Sports tonight at 7:00.

It's my daughters birthday so I have more important plans otherwise I may have made the trip to see the game in person. I'll just have to watch it on the dvr late tonight. Should be a good one.

Reason why I hate Metro Sports?
They're going to broadcast the Game of the Week, yet in the programing it says "Regional Sports When Available" from 12-12. So I'm gonna have to turn on the DVR at 7 or so, otherwise I'll have a 6 hour recording! :rolleyes:

How likely is it that Bubba makes it to Nebraska (percentage-wise)?

The reason I ask is partially based on what has happened with Khiry Cooper. He has in fact played football and baseball at NU, but even as a WR he seems a bit behind the others on the depth chart. I would reason that a QB has a lot more work involved in being ready compared to a WR. So if Bubba is playing baseball in the spring instead of throwing slants, won't he have trouble keeping up? That leads me to think that he ends up in the MLB.

Twok, I'd say the odds are stacked against us. But Bubba is really into what Nebraska has to offer. I personally would be surprised if Bubba made it to us, but you never know.

As for Bubba, I'm not sure how he's done. I wasn't home during the game, but Bubba's team is currently up 49-7 with 6 minutes left in the game. I'll post as soon as I have his stats.

Announcers said Bubba had a TD run and a TD pass, but have not given more detail. I'm hoping I'll get more when the local station does a recap of the local games.

I just got home from doing the birthday thing and flipped on the DVR. Haven't watched much of the game yet but Gardner Ed. got the ball first and on the first play of the game Bubba ran for an 80 yd TD. NICE!!!

Bubba had a 75 yard TD run on the first play of the game. QB Draw, got outside and got on his horse. Nobody was even close.

Watching these stats, Gardner did a ton of running.

But Bubba's TD pass? a 29 yard BEAUTY! Rolled out to avoid the sack and floated it right into the endzone over the corner.

No, no, no! I just caught the last five minutes. What I posted was what I saw on the local highlight reel. You're watching the game, please tell us what you see!

np. I have the other tv on and watching the highlights at the same time. It looks like GE has a couple real nice RBs to go along with Bubba. It seems most of his passes were while rolling out. That probably opens up the possibility of him just tucking the ball and taking off. He had a lot of long (30 - 50 yd) throws off his back leg. Incredible arm strength. He had a couple for sure deep TDs that were just plain dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back