• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba& G-E Lose In State Semi-Final Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Trust me, this is a big surprise around here...

Outside of the Blue Valley locker room, few people gave the Tigers much of a chance against Gardner Edgerton in the Kansas 5A substate playoffs.

Blue Valley had lost by three touchdowns in the regular-season finale three weeks ago, but on Friday the Tigers put together a nearly perfect first half, led by as many as 17 points in the third quarter and held on for a 45-42 victory at home.

http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/article&news_id=4422#ixzz15ndxOPBA

But Bubba still had a monster game, to nobody's surprise:

Trailblazers quarterback Bubba Starling was dazzling: 31 carries for a school-record 396 yards and five touchdowns.

Sorry BTBR didn't see your post. Pretty shocking loss for GE. Our home school (Staley) had a tough loss tonight too. We were leading 14-10 with less then a minute left and Lees Summit West tosses a long TD throw with less then a minute left. grrrrr

Sorry BTBR didn't see your post. Pretty shocking loss for GE. Our home school (Staley) had a tough loss tonight too. We were leading 14-10 with less then a minute left and Lees Summit West tosses a long TD throw with less then a minute left. grrrrr

No worries, Iggy. Only reason I was on it so quick was that I had been refreshing the Varsity section of the Star for the last hour--waiting to hear about this game. I had heard that BV won, but I wanted to make sure.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust me, you had me rooting for ya. Never been a fan of West (Hello, ex-girlfriend ;) ), and I loved that Staley beat BS (My alma mater's rival). I was super impressed by the numbers of your defense. 9 points in the previous two games?! :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back