• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bryce Benhart

HUSKERINWYO

Recruit
10 Year Member
Someone explain to me why we let a guy have 86 snaps when he is consistently getting burned. He graded out at a 0 on pass plays and just over 27 overall. Is he really the best we have at that position that nobody could replace him? I understand the no fear of failure concept but when there is no consequences for piss poor performance then there is no motivation to perform better.

Someone explain to me why we let a guy have 86 snaps when he is consistently getting burned. He graded out at a 0 on pass plays and just over 27 overall. Is he really the best we have at that position that nobody could replace him? I understand the no fear of failure concept but when there is no consequences for piss poor performance then there is no motivation to perform better.
I am guessing that Teddy didn't travel or maybe they didn't want him getting his knocks, either? Banks wasn't an option? I have ZERO idea why they let him get his rear kicked all night.

Let's please not talk about Teddy right now and make the same damn mistake we made with Benhart and Corcoran; by putting an inexperienced, mentally and physically underdeveloped freshman on the line. We are destroying the confidence of these highly talented kids by putting them in positions they are not ready for.

Let's please not talk about Teddy right now and make the same damn mistake we made with Benhart and Corcoran; by putting an inexperienced, mentally and physically underdeveloped freshman on the line. We are destroying the confidence of these highly talented kids by putting them in positions they are not ready for.
Instead, do we have a walk on that we have been coaching for 3 years, been in the weight room for 3 years, been in the system 3 years???

Why do we think Benhart was rushed?

IA starts a 2nd year player at LT, Richman Mason. I googled to see what his story was. He was a 3* prospect, played d-line in high school, said he hadn’t played o-line since 7th grade but was recruited as o-line by IA and now is a starter. How were they able to get him ready in less than 2 years? Benhart was higher rated, played the position in high school and is in his 3rd year.

How was Corcoran rushed? This kid from IA was the #4 prospect in KS his senior year. The #1 senior prospect in KS that year was Turner Corcoran. He and the IA guy are from the same class.

How can we use “being rushed” as an excuse? Coach up your top recruits like everyone else and get them on the field. Stop using we are young as an excuse. Our line is older than IA’s.

our RT had a rough night... perhaps a case of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;)

edit - Ref makes a valid point

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back