• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bruce Arena names roster for WCQ vs Honduras & Panama

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Games to be played on Friday 24 March (vs Honduras in the USA) and Tuesday 28 March (vs Panama in Panama).

Lineup not really a surprise as Bruce has to go with what he was given as its too late to make any drastic changes with the USMNT bottom of the Hex at 0-2. Should we qualify and I believe we will now, he can begin to tinker with and makes changes to the lineup.

U.S. MNT Roster by Position (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals):
GOALKEEPERS (3): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0)*, Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids; 33/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (10): DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo; 33/6), Matt Besler (Sporting KC; 10/1)%, John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/GER; 2/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG; 19/2), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca/MEX; 12/0), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana/MEX; 6/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 2/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas; 0/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting KC; 15/3)^

MIDFIELDERS (9): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 1/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 6/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 31/5), Jermaine Jones (LA Galaxy; 16/0), Sacha Kljestan (New York Red Bulls; 18/2)% Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers; 3/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 5/2)

FORWARDS (3): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 33/16), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 36/13), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 3/0)

Last edited:

A couple points here:

1. I cannot believe what I've seen this year. But Zusi, as a right fullback, has been absolutely and unequivocally fantastic in just about every sense. But it's the MLS so he has not played world class wingers thus far. So we will see how that goes at some point. But as much as I predicted the EXACT opposite, he has proven me wrong. The dude essentially extended his career by 4 years by making the transition.

2. Bobby is getting serious Euro talk this year. He is, quite simply, on the trajectory to be one of the best US strikers to play oversees. Not the best, but certainly world's better than we ever would have thought 2+ years ago. And for those Altidore fans out there, this year......Bobby playing better than Jozy ever did and it's not close. For whatever reason, we have been fed several Hamburg games this year on FS1 so he's been available to watch. He's a treat. And his injury really hurts the USNMT. Though I'm sure Hamburg is either happy he's missing the games or helping him miss the games.

3. Pulisic is better than anything we have in midfield in the attacking 1/3. Not sure anyone would doubt this. But I figured I'd point it out again. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Dortmund is having a difficult time keeping him off the field. Explaining it to their fan base is becoming too difficult. He, also, is for real on the world stage. A ton of teams are wishing right now that they would have paid the 15M transfer fee for him last summer when Dortmund was shopping him around for interest.

Many of us have said it before - but it's so much clearer now. We have, easily, the best ensemble of talent ever assembled by the US. The reason I point this out is because some jackass on ESPN continues to write about how we let our "Golden Generation" pass us by over the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure that clown doesn't know jack about soccer. And I can't believe I have to keep reading articles about it. Really, if that guy can't see the difference, then he really shouldn't be covering soccer for ESPN. Ever.

To bad about Bobby, the kid has a ton of talent and is holding down his spot for Hamburg. I like Morris too, and am interested to see how the lineup looks. We need Pulisic on the pitch, he is imo the most solid MF we have

Whatever happens, I just hope these guys can put it together and come back to qualify

USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!

Interestingly enough Bruce played Zusi at RB in the two FIFA non-sanctioned games in January and he fared very well to say the least.

Agree as we have said for awhile we have talent. Best ever in fact.

A couple points here:

1. I cannot believe what I've seen this year. But Zusi, as a right fullback, has been absolutely and unequivocally fantastic in just about every sense. But it's the MLS so he has not played world class wingers thus far. So we will see how that goes at some point. But as much as I predicted the EXACT opposite, he has proven me wrong. The dude essentially extended his career by 4 years by making the transition.

2. Bobby is getting serious Euro talk this year. He is, quite simply, on the trajectory to be one of the best US strikers to play oversees. Not the best, but certainly world's better than we ever would have thought 2+ years ago. And for those Altidore fans out there, this year......Bobby playing better than Jozy ever did and it's not close. For whatever reason, we have been fed several Hamburg games this year on FS1 so he's been available to watch. He's a treat. And his injury really hurts the USNMT. Though I'm sure Hamburg is either happy he's missing the games or helping him miss the games.

3. Pulisic is better than anything we have in midfield in the attacking 1/3. Not sure anyone would doubt this. But I figured I'd point it out again. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Dortmund is having a difficult time keeping him off the field. Explaining it to their fan base is becoming too difficult. He, also, is for real on the world stage. A ton of teams are wishing right now that they would have paid the 15M transfer fee for him last summer when Dortmund was shopping him around for interest.

Many of us have said it before - but it's so much clearer now. We have, easily, the best ensemble of talent ever assembled by the US. The reason I point this out is because some jackass on ESPN continues to write about how we let our "Golden Generation" pass us by over the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure that clown doesn't know jack about soccer. And I can't believe I have to keep reading articles about it. Really, if that guy can't see the difference, then he really shouldn't be covering soccer for ESPN. Ever.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back