• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bruce Arena announces 23 man 2017 Gold Cup Roster

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Wonder if he and Low were in cahoots on this ;) :Biggrin:

This is something we should have done after the World Cup in the many friendlies we played.

Suspect we are going to find 4 to 5 players in this competition who could just make it on the 2018 WC Roster.

With Mexico almost surely sending a B team this makes even more sense.

Great to see the likes of Leichj back on the team. Long overdue.

Expect Bedoya to wear the Captain's arm band.

This should be fun. :)

Keep in mind we can swap out six players after the Group Stage. Expect us to bring in some veterans at that point in time to hopefully win the Cup. Wipe the bad taster of finishing fourth out of mouths in the Last GC

Last edited:

Warm up game next Saturday (1 July) against Ghana on ESPN

Competition gets under way on 8 July on Fox and FS1

Dom Dwyer and Roldan will almost certainly become cap-tied as both players are expected to play. The English-born Dwyer would have been capped long ago but it wasn’t until March when he became an American citizen. He has been among the most consistent forwards in MLS over the past four seasons and is known for playing with intensity and grit. Roldan has been overlooked as a youth player but raised his game over the past 18 months to a point where he is impossible to ignore.

The debut of Saief will be the most intriguing. Unlike the others, he knows no other player on the team and hasn’t set foot in the United States since he was three years old. The left winger brings Champions League experience and a hunger to be part of a World Cup team to the table. He has the talent but can he fit into this team? It’s an important question. If he can, he could potentially be a big part of the Arena’s plans.

Last edited:

Glad to see us take the same stance I mentioned in another post about Germany in the Confed Cup, good to see us getting some younger talent ready. Glad to see Corona come back, I like that dude

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back