• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bright spot? Jurgens

The safeties played up until Cade Warner caught the seam late in the game. No OL is effectively blocking 9 in the box. That is a scheme problem at the macro level and falls on Troy Walters. The OL had some gaps for sure, but largely they did what was asked of them. They cannot fix a broken offensive scheme with all the effort in the world.

Actually, I am curious relative to Troy Walters role. It is my understanding Frost calls the plays and this is his installed offensive philosophy/scheme so just what is Troy Walters day to day coaching/game day coaching role?

HuskerJ?
Yeah, he pollutes a lot of threads. The hot-headed 2% is always the loudest and most sanctimonious.
He's pissed because he thinks he's not getting a return on his investment.
"He pays their salaries!!!1111oneoneone"
I should’ve said 99 out of 100 because he’s the only one I’ve heard consistently melting down on the head coach. Maybe he should buy us some players instead.

Actually, I am curious relative to Troy Walters role. It is my understanding Frost calls the plays and this is his installed offensive philosophy/scheme so just what is Troy Walters day to day coaching/game day coaching role?
He coaches WRs, and I'm assuming he supports Frost in developing game plans each week.

Very few are coming out and saying can the head coach. However, we're hearing things like "the honeymoon is over" and "changes need to be made."

I get it. People are frustrated, disappointed, and even downright angry. I'm just in the camp that believes the head coach is the ultimate decision maker and the buck stops with him. I don't want him firing people to appease fans, or to shift blame, orto buy additional time for himself. People are reacting tactically, but Frost needs to be thinking strategically. He's trying to build something for long term success, and firing coaches without a really good reason might do more harm than good.

But that's HIS call. It's ok to disagree with decisions, but some people are a little overt the top in their rhetoric.
100% agree. I can tell somethings wrong by looking but SF is the one that has to make the hard decisions based on his own coaching acumen and not cave to pressure from us fans. If it is indeed a staff issue I hope that he recognizes that and makes the right call because he knows it’s the right call but not pressure from voices in the grandstand or the administration.

Last edited:

I question verduzcos role. Is he really needed? Cool guy I know but maybe get us a better oline coach and let this guy go.

I’m a glutton for punishment, but I just rewatched the game and Jurgens really did well. I would only say two bad plays and neither cost us.

I also thought Vedral and Bunch did well. I’d still vote for Noah next game if he is healthy.

1 TD in 11 possessions

15-29 passing and 148 yards.

No ...I’m not sure why Bunch even played Vedral needed the reps.
Vedral got hurt.

It is possible for individual players to do reasonably well even though the team as a whole sucks.

On an otherwise miserable night, there seems to be a bright spot: Jurgens was nailing his snaps. I don't know what they did, but keep doing it. It is a starting point for offensive improvement.
Good post, thill. Now, fans can't simply blame the entirety of our lackluster offense on snapping the football.

A B game? No way. We tried running between the tackles a lot and we could get absolutely no push. Vedral was constantly under pressure. On that fake punt attempt, Farniok literally didnt even attempt to touch anyone. We got manhandled in the trenches, there's no other way to put it.
It almost looked like Farniok did not know the play call and just set up for regular punt protection. Or maybe that was by design?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back