• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bright spot? Jurgens

Take a look at some of the threads and tell me people aren't advocating that.
Yes, last night sucked. But it is absolutely moronic to talk about making any staff changes.
I would guess 98 out of 100 are still supporting our head coach. If you are not concerned with the product on the field I don’t know what to say to you and like many topics on this board, shades of gray get discounted. You have to be all in or you’re not a true fan.I do believe that SF is our best and ONLY option at this time to pull us out of this mess. Had SF stayed at Stanford and never set foot on our campus, I’m not sure he gets the overwhelming support he continues to get. In fact I’m absolutely sure of that.

On an otherwise miserable night, there seems to be a bright spot: Jurgens was nailing his snaps. I don't know what they did, but keep doing it. It is a starting point for offensive improvement.

Outstanding! Now that it’s fixed, he can move forward to the next step, which is actually blocking someone. Maybe we can get that worked out by week 13.

I would guess 98 out of 100 are still supporting our head coach. If you are not concerned with the product on the field I don’t know what to say to you and like many topics on this board, shades of gray get discounted. You have to be all in or you’re not a true fan.I do believe that SF is our best and ONLY option at this time to pull us out of this mess. Had SF stayed at Stanford and never set foot on our campus, I’m not sure he gets the overwhelming support he continues to get. In fact I’m absolutely sure of that.

I'm not saying someone isn't a true fan. What I am saying is our fanbase has hit the panic button hundreds of times since 1997. And the knee jerk reactions to change something have gotten us absolutely nowhere. I'm advocating trying something different.
That doesn't mean I'm happy about last night.

He's actually done a pretty good job blocking.

As compared to the other guys on our offensive line? Yeah. Compared to center play on good teams? No. I mean if that’s good offensive line play, being “pretty good” in comparison to the other softies on our line, then maybe.

Last edited:

I'm not saying someone isn't a true fan. What I am saying is our fanbase has hit the panic button hundreds of times since 1997. And the knee jerk reactions to change something have gotten us absolutely nowhere. I'm advocating trying something different.
That doesn't mean I'm happy about last night.
I’m not totally disagreeing with you but other than one guy who’s gone off for three straight weeks, I don’t recall anyone saying we needed to can the head coach.

I’m not totally disagreeing with you but other than one guy who’s gone off for three straight weeks, I don’t recall anyone saying we needed to can the head coach.

Maybe not fire Frost but there are many, many posts questioning him as a P5 coach, taking shots at the AAC and UCF, the honeymoon period is over, etc.
It's like we suffered amnesia and forgot what 2003-present was like.

Maybe not fire Frost but there are many, many posts questioning him as a P5 coach, taking shots at the AAC and UCF, the honeymoon period is over, etc.
It's like we suffered amnesia and forgot what 2003-present was like.
I’ll admit I’ve got serious concerns about a defensive coaching staff that came from a conference that didn’t play much defense at all. To think that that same staff was going to be successful in the big 10 may have been a bit shortsighted but I can understand why he did it. I also look at the resumes of the entire assistant coaching staff and think our young head coach might have been able to benefit from more experience at the power five level and more specifically B1G experience.

Very few are coming out and saying can the head coach. However, we're hearing things like "the honeymoon is over" and "changes need to be made."

I get it. People are frustrated, disappointed, and even downright angry. I'm just in the camp that believes the head coach is the ultimate decision maker and the buck stops with him. I don't want him firing people to appease fans, or to shift blame, orto buy additional time for himself. People are reacting tactically, but Frost needs to be thinking strategically. He's trying to build something for long term success, and firing coaches without a really good reason might do more harm than good.

But that's HIS call. It's ok to disagree with decisions, but some people are a little overt the top in their rhetoric.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back