• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bright spot? Jurgens

I watched Jurgens a lot tonight & he is a stud. He's the littlest guy on the line yet his man rarely made a play.

This line needs to focus on getting good at run blocking or pass blocking; they are average at best trying to do both.

Agreed. Spotlights the fact that QB is not the issue with this offense, imo.

It's definitely not the only or the biggest issue, but regardless of who's taking the snaps, I don't think we've seen the level of QB play required to make this offense work. So the next question is, what's the work around? If we're not going to get there at the QB position this fall, how does Nebraska overcome that?

It's definitely not the only or the biggest issue, but regardless of who's taking the snaps, I don't think we've seen the level of QB play required to make this offense work. So the next question is, what's the work around? If we're not going to get there at the QB position this fall, how does Nebraska overcome that?
Part of me thinks any scheme will win with the right Jimmys and Joes. Another part of me thinks you need the right Xs and Os. No doubt the answer is somewhere in between, but I'm not sure the Oregon offense is the answer. Look how Chip Kelly is doing at UCLA--in a conference where I would have thought it would succeed in spades.
I admired the B1G adapting to us attitude but it looks little more than hubris right now. Might be time to start thinking about adapting to the conference you're in and not the one you came from.

I thought Vedral gave good account of himself.

And even Bunch did decent at the end.
Vedral is pretty confident and a team player. He's also more accurate on what he sees out there than most of the staff. It is refreshing to see his attitude and positive manners.

Bunch doesn't have Vedral's legs but his throws have pretty exceptional accuracy and good zip on the ball. He is building confidence with each snap and it is pretty clear he settled down as he played.

Overall the team plays more as a unit under both Vedral and Bunch. These reps should have taken place sooner and we could have given Martinez better feedback to his poor play earlier into the season. The truth is Martinez is the best athlete of the three, but has the worst personal accountability. Martinez says everything right, but never seemed to have an impetus to actually correct his issues. Adrian needs to take this break to heal and to fix his performance issues, because if he comes back with the same concerns there are now adequate solutions to step up to replace him.

This team building will only makes guys like McCaffrey better. They see that hard work pays off with P-T.

Agreed. Spotlights the fact that QB is not the issue with this offense, imo.
Agree the line is young and will get better in time. I wasn't impressed with Boe Wilson he appeared to get beat and on his rump a lot last night

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back