• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brett Maher

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
A small bit of good news in a bleak Husker related weekend. Brett Maher kicked another 62 yard field goal today becoming the first NFL kicker to record two FGs of at least 62 yard in a career.

Well done Brett, albeit in a loss for the Cowboys

Last edited:

A small bit of good news in a bleak Husker related weekend. Brett Maher kicked another 62 yard field goal today becoming the first NFL kicker to record two 62 yard FGs in a career.

Well done Brett, albeit in a loss for the Cowboys
That is CRAZY AWESOME for him. Happy the cowpokers lost though....

If he hadn’t missed a 40 yarder, they would have won
He also missed a similar kick against the Packers the week before that could have helped their cause down the stretch.

I would not surprise me if JJ is looking for a new kicker today.

Not everybody is prone to knee-jerk reactions. He hit them at an 80% clip last year. Not a lot of guys sitting on the streets that would have drilled the 50 and the 62 yarder ...

Last edited:
He does well and the cowboys lost, if I cared about the NFL this would have been a good day.

For some reason, he is better at the longer field goals than the chip shots. I think is because he hooks it to the right and it seems to straighten itself out on the longer kicks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back