• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breon Dixon

Not calling you out specifically here. I’ve seen countless posts on these forums calling some our current/former players stupid. Maybe he is, but unless you personally know him these type of posts disturb me. I’m guessing a decent percentage of our fellow posters never played college ball, let alone at a P5 school.

Did he squander his chance at DONU? Looks like it. But we’re talking about a kid here. You have hours of weightlifting, hours of practice, hours of film watching and training table all in the same day plus all of your educational obligations. Maybe not all “hours” in duration, but by the time you prep and get to & from it’s a considerable amount of time.

I tried to do it and get my degree in engineering. I couldn’t do both. I’m not the smartest guy, but by cutting out football I was able to get my degree and eventually my professional license.

I hope he finds what works best for his future. Maybe he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, our is just lazy, but unless we are personally involved in the players life I don’t believe we should be so quick to judge.

Again, inthedeed, not really directed at you. I’ve made plenty of knee jerk statements in my time. Like I said, I’m not the smartest guy around ;)
ok, ok. agree unimformerd and maybe harsh. i get to make stupid mistakes too. how about plenty of less than ideal decisions out there to go around. :Smile:

Student Athlete.

Some people just don't get that concept, and I'm meaning "student" in a broader sense that also covers good citizenship and generally not being a jerk. Not making any comments on Dixon, just commenting in general. Winning off the field will set you up to win ON it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back