• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breon Dixon

OLB is concerning. Anyone super confident in Tannor getting healthy and contributing? I sat close to the field at the spring game, which he didn't play in. I believe it was him wearing the #4 jersey and he pretty much just stood on top of the bench off by himself the entire game. Other players that were injured/held out of the spring game were hanging out with other teammates, engaged and having a good time. #4 on the bench not so much. Hoody up, off by himself, looking at the crowd most of the game. Maybe that wasn't him, but whoever it was looked completely disinterested with what was happening with the rest of the team.

OLB is concerning. Anyone super confident in Tannor getting healthy and contributing? I sat close to the field at the spring game, which he didn't play in. I believe it was him wearing the #4 jersey and he pretty much just stood on top of the bench off by himself the entire game. Other players that were injured/held out of the spring game were hanging out with other teammates, engaged and having a good time. #4 on the bench not so much. Hoody up, off by himself, looking at the crowd most of the game. Maybe that wasn't him, but whoever it was looked completely disinterested with what was happening with the rest of the team.
According to the roster, #4 on defense is Avery Anderson. Tannor is #1.

My guess's:

1. Late or no shows to team meetings.
2. Late or no shows to class with no make up effort to complete.
3. Late or now show to team meals.
4. Late or no/show (& lack of effort) at required lifting sessions.
5. ?

Possibly Breon went to the Nate Gerry school of love for academics. Only he didn't become established on the field first...

I think Gerry is one of those kids who would have thrived in every way in Frost's current way of handling academics. It's his fault for not going to class, but he would have gone to class if his coaches had held him to it. I'm not aware of Gerry ever being uncoachable or an attitude problem in any other way. Am I missing something?

Best player is Ferguson who is injury prone (hopefully gets that taken care of like Gifford did his senior year), then we have Alex Davis who has to get immensely better to contribute. Dixon and Domann were working with the 2s and I actually like Domann a lot, I think he will be a great player and someone people will say "why isn't he playing more". Tannor and Nelson will be your 2 battling it out for the other spot in my opinion but they were distant 5th and 6th to Dixon, Ferg, Davis, and Domann.

I think Gerry is one of those kids who would have thrived in every way in Frost's current way of handling academics. It's his fault for not going to class, but he would have gone to class if his coaches had held him to it. I'm not aware of Gerry ever being uncoachable or an attitude problem in any other way. Am I missing something?

No you are not missing something, I think that's true as well. The prior regime's culture even allowed a great athlete and adequate student to slip through the cracks.

I'm sure in TO's days, there were occasional kids who didn't care to graduate at the time. But then they could count on phone calls from coach down the road asking them whether they are ready to finish their degrees, and giving them the path for doing so. He had promised the athletes and promised the parents that academics were a priority - so for TO he was simply following through on a promise.

Tommy Armstrong trying to regain another year in college? Maybe?

No you are not missing something, I think that's true as well. The prior regime's culture even allowed a great athlete and adequate student to slip through the cracks.

I'm sure in TO's days, there were occasional kids who didn't care to graduate at the time. But then they could count on phone calls from coach down the road asking them whether they are ready to finish their degrees, and giving them the path for doing so. He had promised the athletes and promised the parents that academics were a priority - so for TO he was simply following through on a promise.

The previous staff held Nate accountable and suspended him a game or two for the class issues.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back