• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breon Dixon

Then I guess there’s zero reason to ever complain about a recruit not choosing us.
I guess the only one I’ve really felt bad about was Gale Sayers. And I had to told about that one. Maybe Larry Station, a difference maker on D in those years may have turned a game or two.

There have been a lot of things players over the years that fans have thought should be on the field, but the coaches felt otherwise. They are usually right.

I get what you are saying, but if was truly that good (for us) he’d have been playing. Maybe he might have gotten there, but apparently didn’t happen yet again.

Last edited:

I guess the only one I’ve really felt bad about was Gale Sayers. And I had to told about that one. Maybe Larry Station, a difference maker on D in those years may have turned a game or two.

There have been a lot of things players over the years that fans have thought should be on the field, but the coaches felt otherwise. They are usually right.

I get what you are saying, but if was truly that good (for us) he’d have been playing. Maybe he might have gotten there, but apparently didn’t happen yet again.
I’m just of the opinion when you get a talent like that, at a position where we only have 1 guy right now who can be all conference and you start 2, it would be great if we could get something to click for him so he could contribute. The toughest part at Nebraska is getting the kids here. We did that with him and it didn’t work out.

I get moving on. I’m fine with it. Just a pretty big loss at a position of need when you consider he was in our top 4.

Interesting to see where he lands. Seems like he has never had to toe the line before as long as he played well. This spot was apparently different from others in his experience. Lots of kids like that comming out of high school but you would think a year of college would have sent a message. Apparently not.

Prior to his departure, I had really lost hope that he would contribute here. I've also mentioned several times that I wasn't sure he was a good fit based on his size and position. Playing OLB in a 3-4 at 5'11" 205, isn't the ideal size to set the edge against B1G offensive lines and tight ends. At best, I saw him as a situational player (i.e. passing down pass rusher and coverage guy) as compared to a 4-down contributor. His leaving and/or dismissal hurts our depth, no doubt.

Hate to say it, but next man up!

I’m just of the opinion when you get a talent like that, at a position where we only have 1 guy right now who can be all conference and you start 2, it would be great if we could get something to click for him so he could contribute. The toughest part at Nebraska is getting the kids here. We did that with him and it didn’t work out.

I get moving on. I’m fine with it. Just a pretty big loss at a position of need when you consider he was in our top 4.

The reason why you feel one way about it and others think differently is that they/we haven't seen it. We haven't been privy to what he does in practice like you have. You see all this potential, we don't see it. You can tell as all you want how great he is, but we haven't seen it.

Hate to see this. There is that old saying; you can lead a horse to water..................... I hope young Mr. Dixon really figures it out at his next stop. Unfortunately there are a lot of kids that look like this kid with talent to burn and no home training. Kudos for HCSF to hold the line as this will only help him in life down the road when most of us have forgot about this cat.

Possibly Breon went to the Nate Gerry school of love for academics. Only he didn't become established on the field first...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back