• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breon Dixon

Could have been a starter and an all-conference player if he did the right things off the field. No one will be better on the field than what we lost with him. Unfortunate.
Could have? He didn’t even get mentioned much as being in top group at position. You can say ‘could have” about many guys that don’t make it, couldn’t you?

But Dixon didn’t crack the two-deep at outside ‘backer. In November, one of Dixon’s teammates, Mohamed Barry, even publicly encouraged Dixon on Twitter.

"You ain’t on a leash... buy in, trust the process, love the game hard and you (going to) get it!" Barry’s tweet said.

All I know is that I've heard others (especially ***) comment that his off-the-field performance fell well short of his on-the-field talent. Too bad. Sounds like a kid who had the physical tools and maybe thought that was enough. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but Frost and his staff know what they want and you won't play or be around long if you can't (or won't) get with the program.

Would you put a guy in the top group let alone mention him to media if he was a constant pain off the field?
Have a feeling grades may have caught up with him ...could be missing a lot of classes and it’s the time of year that it catches up with you. ( just speculation)

Dad gummit!! I thought this kid was going to be a big time contributor. Hope he gets stuff turned around

Yep, seemed like a big-time win on the recruiting front when he left the mess at Ole Miss to transfer here. Too bad it never came together for him at NU. Maybe his third college team will be the charm.

Could have been a starter and an all-conference player if he did the right things off the field. No one will be better on the field than what we lost with him. Unfortunate.
??? But he was never on the field, so how could anyone we had on the field not be better than him???

We haven't lost anything that we had...

if you watch sports long enough, you see guys like this come and go. Its usually a lack of self discipline that eventually trumps the athleticism and talent.

??? But he was never on the field, so how could anyone we had on the field not be better than him???

We haven't lost anything that we had...
What @ShortSideOption isn't coming out and saying bluntly is that the kid shone like a jewel in practice and had more athletic ability sweating out of his pores than most 4-star athletes have in their whole bodies. The people who were directly connected to the program--the people who were around the team in practices every day--were unanimous in saying that if this kid just got his $h!t together, he'd tear it up on the field.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back