• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brenda Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, Nemesis. Within the first five minutes Brenda explained that FHCMR gave a one game suspension to the men that raped her. And used the quote. Good man, better woman.

:Facepalm:

Of course the times are different, but would anyone want to take a guess how Head Coach Scott Frost would handle a similar situation now?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they've taken these decisions out of the head coaches hands at this point. Anything serious goes to a committee who decides the fate of the players regarding suspensions etc. And I think that's a good thing.

It's a bit of a tough spot for a coach to be in. If a player has indeed done something wrong they should be suspended or even kicked off the team. But remember that case a decade or so ago back on the east coast where all those players were accused of rape. Lacrosse players perhaps? It turned out to be a totally false accusation. Those kids lives were destroyed because they were just assumed to be guilty. So take it out of the coaches hands completely. For example all Urban had to do was report what he knew and then let the chips fall where they may. His part is done and he's in the clear.

It's a bit of a tough spot for a coach to be in. If a player has indeed done something wrong they should be suspended or even kicked off the team. But remember that case a decade or so ago back on the east coast where all those players were accused of rape. Lacrosse players perhaps? It turned out to be a totally false accusation. Those kids lives were destroyed because they were just assumed to be guilty. So take it out of the coaches hands completely. For example all Urban had to do was report what he knew and then let the chips fall where they may. His part is done and he's in the clear.
You are correct about this case. However, for every one instance like the one you quote, there are hundreds (low estimate) that don't get reported because fear of blowback. I think we have to get to the point where the ones who do not report don't feel afraid, then we can worry about the one off case like Duke Lacrosse - that's a luxury we have to earn.

My understanding is he did tell the Athletic Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back