• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Breakout year!

RedinIowa

All Bus Team
10 Year Member

“When you are a pessimist and the bad thing happens, you live it twice. Once when you worry about and the second time when it happens.” - Amos Tversky​

I am optimistic about our team and our upcoming season. Something feels special about this year. Nit picking aside what are you excited about this team executing this year. I see a resolve we have not seen in seven years.

“When you are a pessimist and the bad thing happens, you live it twice. Once when you worry about and the second time when it happens.” - Amos Tversky​

I am optimistic about our team and our upcoming season. Something feels special about this year. Nit picking aside what are you excited about this team executing this year. I see a resolve we have not seen in seven years.
Kind of curious what resolve you have seen. And for the record you don’t live the bad times twice. The second time you are referring too you have already anticipated.

now in saying that….. the number 1 thing I like about this team is not Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. It’s the number of comments SF has stated regarding cleaning up sloppy play and working on the little things.

I think this is a very delicate team emotionally. What happens the first few weeks will determine if SF and staff can cut it in the biggies.

I see a qb that many on here claim is the best we can get is a four year starter. The line is all back with a season under their belt. The defense has a majority of its starters back so it should be improved. Everyone is counting us out which to me is even better cause we could get over looked by many of these teams which could make it easier to win the game for the huskers. Knowing all this I truly think this is the year frost turns a lot of those loses into wins and we play for a conference championship this year and teams like Iowa and wisky will be wishing they didn’t have to play us year in year out.

I've always been an optimist when it comes to Husker football. Not this year though. I'm just not expecting much, especially against the schedule we have. I never thought I'd see year 4 under Frost and be watching careless and lazy football on the field. Yet, here we are. Apathy is a depressing process.

I'm optimistic with regards to the Blackshirts. I think they can be a top 30 unit. I am optimistic that our OL, particularly at C, will be more consistent, which should help the entire offense. I am optimistic that our ST will look better than a JV Peewee team. I'm also optimistic that AM can have a solid year. He doesn't need to be spectacular, just solid, and I think he can be.

I remain really concerned about RB, because of the massive unknowns. I don't believe any Husker team will ever be really successful without a potent ground game, and I just don't see much there to wow me. I hope I'm wrong. We need to find running backs on the Abdullah/Burkhead/Helu tier. Even an Ozigbo would make me feel a lot better. We'll start to find out in a month.

WR is a gigantic question mark for me. I have no clue how i feel about them.

All of that being said, I always believe NU can win any game they're in.

GO BIG RED

Last edited:

I've always been an optimist when it comes to Husker football. Not this year though. I'm just not expecting much, especially against the schedule we have. I never thought I'd see year 4 under Frost and be watching careless and lazy football on the field. Yet, here we are. Apathy is a depressing process.
You're already seeing careless and lazy play...even before the first kickoff? Nostras Damus?

Last edited:
I'm optimistic with regards to the Blackshirts. I think they can be a top 30 unit. I am optimistic that our OL, particularly at C, will be more consistent, which should help the entire offense. I am optimistic that our ST will look better than a JV Peewee team. I'm also optimistic that AM can have a solid year. He doesn't need to be spectacular, just solid, and I think he can be.

I remain really concerned about RB, because of the massive unknowns. I don't believe any Husker team will ever be really successful without a potent ground game, and I just don't see much there to wow me. I hope I'm wrong. We need to find running backs on the Abdullah/Burkhead/Helu tier. Even an Ozigbo would make me feel a lot better. We'll start to find out in a month.

WR is a gigantic question mark for me. I have no clue how i feel about them.

All of that being said, I always believe NU can win any game they're in.

GO BIG RED
The running back situation has fall camp and three very winnable games( two at home) to get things figured out. Frost and company have recruited well and although they’re young and inexperienced they’re going to push each other.

giphy.gif

Good post. I think we finally have the talent and the depth we need on both the offensive line and defensive line. It’s been a lot of years since we could say that. That alone is reason for optimism.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back