• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Breakout Defensive Unit

Which defensive unit has a big performance in 2012?

• Defensive Ends

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Defensive Tackles

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Linebackers

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Cornerbacks

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Safeties

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that Michael Rose and Zaire Anderson will jump in and contribute immediately.

It is more likely that Zaire Anderson will contribute next year than Michael Rose. While Rose is a tremendous player with a lot of potential, he will be a true frosh...not many players make significant contributions during their freshman year. Some do, but it is a very small percentage.

I haven't wrote off Sean Fischer yet. That injury he came back from was difficult. Next year he will be fully healed and more confident.

Last edited:

DT was my pick. Baker was just starting to become a true force when he got dinged. Rome stepped up big and has a lot more upside. Add a healthy Randle, Peat, Williams...gonna be a really good group next year.

Sounds like you don't know much about Afalava (go ask N2FL what he thinks....loves him too)......It won't matter with him either....he is a stud....might be the best Frost LB in the 2012 class and I like Rose allot........like I said go watch some film and read up about him....don't take my word for it.....film usually doesn't lie though....and the school he plays at in Utah is one of the states top programs....played against my daughters school when we lived their....

6'3" 222lbs already college ready at that weight...

This kid is a big time talent....a ball hawk who hits a ton....teeth rattler indeed...:)

Yeah you sure will see...:) :) Now go read up on him...:)

Here is the film:

[video=youtube_share;ghk0s8e8h0Y]http://youtu.be/ghk0s8e8h0Y[/video]

Maybe but Santos has a year in the system where as Afalava doesn't. Not sure that will matter with Rose.

We will see.

Last edited:
Sounds like you don't know much about Afalava (go ask N2FL what he thinks....loves him too)......It won't matter with him either....he is a stud....might be the best Frost LB in the 2012 class and I like Rose allot........like I said go watch some film and read up about him....don't take my word for it.....film usually doesn't lie though....and the school he plays at in Utah is one of the states top programs....played against my daughters school when we lived their....

6'3" 222lbs already college ready at that weight...

This kid is a big time talent....a ball hawk who hits a ton....teeth rattler indeed...:)

Yeah you sure will see...:) :) Now go read up on him...:)

Here is the film:

[video=youtube_share;ghk0s8e8h0Y]http://youtu.be/ghk0s8e8h0Y[/video]

I hope you are right as it will be nice to have a great GROUP of linebackers instead of a stud with a bunch of average at best supporting cast. I hope the best players see the field as well.

Last edited:

Afalava and Rose could play right away in my opinion and Brown is under the radar....and Andeson was the #1 rated JUCO LB in the country....I think we cleaned up in this class....and Bo knows LBs.....its what he made his name on....

I think the best players will....Compton, in my mind, is the only LB who has a job nailed down from last season....

I hope you are right as it will be nice to have a great GROUP of linebackers instead of a stud with a bunch of average at best supporting cast. I hope the best players see the field as well.

I voted for DB's. I think our back 4 to 5 will take another huge step forward this season. If not, we will be looking at at least 3-4 losses and no trip to the CCG.

I thought our DB's made significant progress during the season especially towards the end. They were so bad early but seemed to at least be in position to make plays near the end of the season. They say a great pass rush can cover up average secondary play and we didnt have that last year.

It kinda sucks that there is so much improvement needed across the board.

While I don't disagree that improvement is needed at most all the positions, things only kind of suck, not really suck :)

Part of what is driving the need for improvement is the conference switch. It is going to take a couple of years to recruit and coach up the different types of players needed in the B1G. And possibly a change in scheme at least on the line due to the conference switch.

It also doesn't acknowledge that there were injuries to some very good players last year including to a couple of potential All-Americans (if not for the injuries). And that the injuries made it much more difficult for the LBs and on back into the secondary.

Or that we had a new LB coach, a new secondary coach, and at the end of the season a new DC.

Or that every year teams lose good and great players but new guys come up and take ownership - that's just the nature of the college game. I am really excited about some of the younger players as others posted on above.

On the other hand there is allot of young talent about to get a chance to shine...th efuture is bright with guys like Peat, Rose, Afalava, Seisay etc.

It kinda sucks that there is so much improvement needed across the board.

On the other hand there is allot of young talent about to get a chance to shine...th efuture is bright with guys like Peat, Rose, Afalava, Seisay etc.

Certainly but I long for the good old days when awesome talent had to wait because there was so much awesome talent ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back