• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS*** Will Bolt new HC!!!

Bolt's flight was delayed today, meetings pushed back to Tuesday. A little surprised he's not flying private unless I misread the texts.

Not sure if it's been discussed as final or just speculated but Jeff Christy is in fact the Pitching Coach.

Bolt, Harvell, Christy are the 3 paid. Other positions are unknown to me at this time.

Thanks for that info. Completely trust he can call pitches with the best of them. But has he developed and ran a throwing program before?

Getting to Triple A, I'm sure he was exposed to plenty. I'm guessing he also was Childress's right hand in the pitching department at A&M.

Getting to Triple A, I'm sure he was exposed to plenty. I'm guessing he also was Childress's right hand in the pitching department at A&M.
I’m sure Bolt will shed more light on it on Thursday, and I certainly don’t want to speculate, but there’s about zero mention of pitching in his bio. Catchers, scouting reports, and coaching first were his main duties. I’m sure he’s picked up things from Childress since he was with the catchers while RC was working pitching stuff, but this is an intriguing hire.

Bolt wouldn’t put himself in a tough spot there. I assume he has a ton of confidence in Christy to get it done. Just interesting to me that Christy was who he wanted as pitching coach with all the people out there.

I’m sure Bolt will shed more light on it on Thursday, and I certainly don’t want to speculate, but there’s about zero mention of pitching in his bio. Catchers, scouting reports, and coaching first were his main duties. I’m sure he’s picked up things from Childress since he was with the catchers while RC was working pitching stuff, but this is an intriguing hire.

Bolt wouldn’t put himself in a tough spot there. I assume he has a ton of confidence in Christy to get it done. Just interesting to me that Christy was who he wanted as pitching coach with all the people out there.
I’m with you. Quite peculiar to invest so much in recruiting and so little in pitching coach resume.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back