• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS*** Will Bolt new HC!!!

The NCAA had a vote to allow a third assistant, so you were probably in the right spot, but conferences like the B1G voted it down while the SEC was unanimously in favor.

I really am not sure what that situation is going to look like. No idea if one of them can coach pitchers. I’ve heard of catchers taking over that duty which would be Christy, but that may not sit well as that’s few and far between.

It seems as if the B1G is very reluctant to embrace baseball. Is it because they are being strategic and want to remain focused on football and basketball? It seems to me that expanding the B1G to being a major player in baseball only makes sense. Diversification and whatnot.

You must have an 0.800 average in your Beer Ball League, eh? Maybe you can share some tips?
I have played a lot of baseball in my lifetime. I was a good hitter for average in college. But, I had to work on it daily. I know you can "learn" to hit the ball. It takes discipline and lots of time practicing, more than any component of the sport. You can "learn" the strike zone. You can "learn" to control your swing speed. You can "learn" to keep your head and eyes "on the ball." You can "learn" to watch the ball off of the bat. You can "learn"hand position you can "learn" to control the ball in a bunt situation. Lastly, you can sure as hell "learn" to protect the strike zone on two strike counts.

Other teams we play seem to know these things. Why not NU? High school ball is way different than D-l ball. Just because you might have been a .400 hitter/recruit in HS, does not mean you don't have to work at becoming an outstanding hitter in college.

And, by the way, I never participated in a beer league.

It seems as if the B1G is very reluctant to embrace baseball. Is it because they are being strategic and want to remain focused on football and basketball? It seems to me that expanding the B1G to being a major player in baseball only makes sense. Diversification and whatnot.
You could make the argument that it was a Title IX issue, but that only makes sense if you ignore the huge amounts of cash coming into conference members. Oversigning is allowed in football, no reason to not allow it in a sport that has very predictable attrition, for no malignant reason.

Staff will be meeting with current players still in Lincoln on Monday (6/17) throughout the day. Possibly in to Tuesday as well, unsure on that. I'm aware coach Bolt is meeting with them, from what I understand individually. Coach Harvell is still in Houston & will "officially" resign from SHSU Monday. He's expected to sign documents with Nebraska shortly thereafter. (He's an NU assistant but "officially" becomes one Monday). I don't have anything to share on coach Christy.

They have contacted 2019 NU signees and are pounding the phones for additional recruits to add for the 2019-2020 school year. Players from the state of Nebraska, via high school and/or JUCO, are back to a priority as they were under DVH and the early years of MA.

It'll be interesting to see what level of success they'll have. Quite a few former players are 100% behind coach Bolt. Not at the level it is with coach Frost but they're extremely vocal in support.

Staff will be meeting with current players still in Lincoln on Monday (6/17) throughout the day. Possibly in to Tuesday as well, unsure on that. I'm aware coach Bolt is meeting with them, from what I understand individually. Coach Harvell is still in Houston & will "officially" resign from SHSU Monday. He's expected to sign documents with Nebraska shortly thereafter. (He's an NU assistant but "officially" becomes one Monday). I don't have anything to share on coach Christy.

They have contacted 2019 NU signees and are pounding the phones for additional recruits to add for the 2019-2020 school year. Players from the state of Nebraska, via high school and/or JUCO, are back to a priority as they were under DVH and the early years of MA.

It'll be interesting to see what level of success they'll have. Quite a few former players are 100% behind coach Bolt. Not at the level it is with coach Frost but they're extremely vocal in support.

I know that the DVH players are ecstatic.

I’ll try to put it in the same galaxy...

Nebraska baseball hiring Will Bolt is like UCF hiring Scott Frost.
Much of the college football world knew who Frost was when he went to UCF. Nobody outside of the Nebraska universe knows the name Will Bolt except some Aggie fans and even the casuals ones probably didn't.

That's arguable. Statistically on paper there is no comparison. Frost was the hit coordinator on a top team.
Much of the college football world knew who Frost was when he went to UCF. Nobody outside of the Nebraska universe knows the name Will Bolt except some Aggie fans and even the casuals ones probably didn't.
Well fine, nevermind then!

I will disagree that no one knows who Bolt is outside of Nebraska and A&M. He's been the finalist for a couple head coaching jobs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back