• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS***HC Erstad stepping down...

Dang it, I sure hate to see Erstad leave. If the HUSKERS had held on like they should have against Oklahoma State and been able to win the regional, would he still have stepped down. The brutal last inning loss and then the head scratching 16-1 pounding were tough to take and it leaves me wondering if that truly was the breaking point in his decision.

Until the Big Ten changes their stupid rules that tilt the playing field against their teams, it is rather irrelevant who Nebraska hires. They won't be a national contender.

Sorry to see Erstad go. He had a decent record, he didn't embarrass the University, and he was dirt cheap.

Less than dirt cheap, he donated $1M back to the University.

WOW! is right, I can honestly say I didn't really see that coming. If Darin stepped down on his own accord, I am totally fine with that. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward and now, hope Moos can go 3 for 3 at the line to win the coaching hire game. WOW!

Dang it, I sure hate to see Erstad leave. If the HUSKERS had held on like they should have against Oklahoma State and been able to win the regional, would he still have stepped down. The brutal last inning loss and then the head scratching 16-1 pounding were tough to take and it leaves me wondering if that truly was the breaking point in his decision.
Wanted to last year so I’m assuming he would have. That would have been a pure boss move to step down after getting to a super regional.

lol, this is at the bottom of a journal star article. The video frame frozen here is probably not what they meant to convey by the caption.
5cf5c0004ae05.preview.jpg

Watch: Nebraska pitcher Chad Luensmann offers his reaction to Darin Erstad stepping down as the NU baseball coach.

No one can criticize Erstad’s credentials, experience, or dedication. Always represents himself, his team and the University very well in a classy manner. But, something was missing. IMO, his coaching assistants did not contribute to player development. Also, “close but no cigar” and “wait til next year” has ruffled some feathers from fans and prominent boosters. Been hearing that for some time. I hope he will enjoy being a full time dad and mentor for his kids. He should be a great supporter for his kids. Good Luck to him.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back