• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS***HC Erstad stepping down...

Deserved more, but in the end the negativity wasn't worth it to him or his family.

Hoping we can get someone great. Obviously you go have Van Horn and Childress tell you no. Is Will Bolt who you hire that doesn't have any coaching experience? Would people be ok with that? Can the Virginia coach be an option?

Frost and Hoiberg were layups, hiring a head baseball coach to a B1G conference will be what I measure Moos on. I'm genuinely intrigued what we can get. I think it needs to be someone like Bolt looking to have his first head coaching job, because in my opinion we can't lure a guy from the Big12, SEC, etc., away. No amount of money would do it.

Sad to see Darin go. Ever had him look in your eyes? Intensity is crazy!

Either way, Brian O'Conner is a dream hire, not likely but intriguing. Born in Omaha, graduate from Saint Albert in CB, Creighton grad,

coming off a couple of bad years (for Virginia).

This would be a grand slam hire--role the dice, anyone know what how big his contract is at Virginia?

EDIT: he has a $600K base salary, total of just under $1M

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they. The Big 10 is not a baseball conference. Its mid major. It was one thing to be in a cold weather situation but play in a southern conference like we did in the Big 12. But we are the most southern team in a baseball as an afterthought conference.

I thought Erstad did about as good as can be expected for a team in our situation. Not saying he was great but he wasn't as bad as many think either. The deck is stacked against us and he played the cards he was dealt decently.

I would have liked to have been better within the conference under Erstad, without a doubt...but we were never going to relive the glory years of Husker baseball.
correction Illinois,Purdue and Indiana all are further South than Nebr.

I was critical of Erstad at times but felt he was actually turning a corner. I think making changes on his staff was going to be difficult for him. All in all, a husker legend who did nothing to tarnish our reputation.

Good luck in all you do coach Erstad. GBR!

As to him stepping down to be with his family, I totally believe it. While definately no donor of significance, I have heard from some close that he does a lot of traveling for his kids sports -- especially hockey.

Ohio state and Maryland too.
Geez...and I thought it was weird that Reno, Nevada is west of San Diego.

My geography obviously sucks. :Frown:

Doesn't answer the question what has Moos done to be disliked by Husker fans?

So HWM said
"I don't really use social media as a fair gauge of criticism, as that gives unreasonable power to the loudest and least knowledgeable."

So my point was that Moos has done nothing, but because of social media unreasonable power is given to those minority who just happen to be the loudest.

I don't think Moos has done anything but like I said in the Jacobson thread, people are stupid.

Deserved more, but in the end the negativity wasn't worth it to him or his family.

Hoping we can get someone great. Obviously you go have Van Horn and Childress tell you no. Is Will Bolt who you hire that doesn't have any coaching experience? Would people be ok with that? Can the Virginia coach be an option?

Frost and Hoiberg were layups, hiring a head baseball coach to a B1G conference will be what I measure Moos on. I'm genuinely intrigued what we can get. I think it needs to be someone like Bolt looking to have his first head coaching job, because in my opinion we can't lure a guy from the Big12, SEC, etc., away. No amount of money would do it.
Listening to Moos tonight he certainly seemed like he wanted a head coach with P5 experience. This will be very interesting and I agree, this will be his most challenging hire to date.

Sad to see Darin go. Ever had him look in your eyes? Intensity is crazy!

Either way, Brian O'Conner is a dream hire, not likely but intriguing. Born in Omaha, graduate from Saint Albert in CB, Creighton grad,

coming off a couple of bad years (for Virginia).

This would be a grand slam hire--role the dice, anyone know what how big his contract is at Virginia?

EDIT: he has a $600K base salary, total of just under $1M
If that happens the per capita of Hawkskers in Council Bluffs would be worse then the Jayskers in Omaha. And way too much free press for St Alberts... However he’d be a huge hire if they could get him

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back