• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Branson Yager, OT from Utah, is N

6'9" 275
6"6" 310
6'8" 330

Our three OL recruits are not going to be easy to move, that is for sure.

Compare to the last 5 classes using Rivals measurements:

2015:
View attachment 42814

2016:
View attachment 42813

2017:
View attachment 42812

2018:
View attachment 42815

2019:
View attachment 42816

2020:

6'6" 270
6'6" 275

Just saw Nate Clouse beat me to this with a twitter tweet that he twittled.
Can any of them post up for Hoiberg? they are a tall bunch. I'm guessing long arm reach is included with the size?

sure looks about right. get here, work hard and play hard. great at this point

The day after his commit has given time to process it.

1. Surprise!!!! You just never know what players out there get that Nebraska offer and are holding back a commit all along. Every year there are guys who commit and had Nebraska at the top from the time the offer came through with out a lot of discussion leading up to the decision.
2. Huge Versatility. Huge for obvious reasons at 6'8" 325. Versatility because of time spent on DL, long snapping, and at various spots on the OL. Where will he end up for us? Probably RT with Prochazka the LT for this class.
3. Develep em'! OL commit after OL commit that will be absolute monsters if they have the motor and let S&C do its thing. The size in the last 2 classes and the start of this one will have a very different looking room in a couple more years. Imagine when all of these guys are upper classmen with similar frames coming in behind them to learn and develop. BY has said he is excited about how they are going shape him over the next several years. We are playing the long game with our OL recruiting.

I watched his film. Like a lot of high school O linemen he’s typically competing against smaller D linemen so it’s a little challenging to get a solid read. But he moves pretty well for his size. He didn’t get beat by the quickness of smaller defenders, but it’s a highlight tape so we’re not going to see any of that if it does happen. What I like most besides his pure size is that he has a bit of nasty to him. It looks like he enjoys putting defenders on their backs and plays to, or a little beyond the whistle. He looks like a better prospect than I anticipated. Raw, but has the potential to be very good with the right coaching and development.

Good move by the staff to focus on the long frame OL....if they make it as OT, great. If not, slide them inside and still have options. Unless we see an outstanding OG or C prospect (think can't miss) i doubt there will be OL recruited that are shorter than 6-5.

The day after his commit has given time to process it.

1. Surprise!!!! You just never know what players out there get that Nebraska offer and are holding back a commit all along. Every year there are guys who commit and had Nebraska at the top from the time the offer came through with out a lot of discussion leading up to the decision.
2. Huge Versatility. Huge for obvious reasons at 6'8" 325. Versatility because of time spent on DL, long snapping, and at various spots on the OL. Where will he end up for us? Probably RT with Prochazka the LT for this class.
3. Develep em'! OL commit after OL commit that will be absolute monsters if they have the motor and let S&C do its thing. The size in the last 2 classes and the start of this one will have a very different looking room in a couple more years. Imagine when all of these guys are upper classmen with similar frames coming in behind them to learn and develop. BY has said he is excited about how they are going shape him over the next several years. We are playing the long game with our OL recruiting.
I like how your thinking and my thoughts exactly. Get your shades on cause the future looks bright :cool:

I watched his film. Like a lot of high school O linemen he’s typically competing against smaller D linemen so it’s a little challenging to get a solid read. But he moves pretty well for his size. He didn’t get beat by the quickness of smaller defenders, but it’s a highlight tape so we’re not going to see any of that if it does happen. What I like most besides his pure size is that he has a bit of nasty to him. It looks like he enjoys putting defenders on their backs and plays to, or a little beyond the whistle. He looks like a better prospect than I anticipated. Raw, but has the potential to be very good with the right coaching and development.
Big thing to overcome here is, much bigger guys that are much faster.
He's raw with nice intangibles and high ceiling.
He learns,improves, adds a few things, will be a starter.

Getting around him, he hasn't been challenged with yet, the rest of his game looks promising.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back