• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Branson Yager, OT from Utah, is N

Is this kid LDS I see he has a BYU offer. Doesn’t mean anything but if he is he will be going on a mission.
I do not know

Not necessarily. I lived in Utah for seven years and had a friend or two whose sons chose not too. Sometimes based on finances as the church pays nothing towards the two years . Another friends son just did not want to do it. The vast majority do but its not always a given

I thought I read somewhere that he may family connections in Kansas.

I thought I read somewhere that he may family connections in Kansas.

Could be. I have not read anything either way. The fact he is willing to leave the state is a good sign.

Lot of non LDS families living in Utah. Salt Lake City and some surrounding areas are majority non LDS. Park City is the other large non LDS area. Not to mention a lot of retired military who live in the Ogden-Salt Lake City area

I watched his Hudl film before reading the scouting report on the previous page and my takes were very similar. I like his size and his best attribute is tenacity and enthusiasm. We need more players with fire. As for his physicality, I'm less impressed. His first step is slow and he lacks explosion. He is going up against players 50-75lbs lighter. Seems top heavy and lacking flexibility. Having said that, I am hopeful that our strength/conditioning program will strengthen his lower body and sculpt him to 305-310. I am confident Austin sees the potential.

Could be. I have not read anything either way. The fact he is willing to leave the state is a good sign.

Lot of non LDS families living in Utah. Salt Lake City and some surrounding areas are majority non LDS. Park City is the other large non LDS area. Not to mention a lot of retired military who live in the Ogden-Salt Lake City area
Exactly. I lived there for almost 4 years and I am Jack Catholic.:nod::cool:

I wonder if Branson is the last OL they'll take or if they'll add more. Gotta think they'll add Ru'Quan Buckley regardless as he could play DE as well as OL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back