• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Boycott Penn state

Status
Not open for further replies.

will PSU not playing football anymore or this season make the victims feel better? or will acknowledgment of the abuse (take down the statue, etc..) and programs by newly appoinited Penn State officials to help raise awareness and fund programs for sexual abuse of minors be a more rational and helpful reaction?

I say we do another pre-game prayer, and NOT start cheering before the prayer is even over. #deadhorse

...Or don't allot any tickets to PSU and just have an empty visitor section. I don't know how that would help, but I'd like to not see a single PSU fan there. White is suppose to be the color of innocence, and innocent Penn State is not.

will PSU not playing football anymore or this season make the victims feel better? or will acknowledgment of the abuse (take down the statue, etc..) and programs by newly appoinited Penn State officials to help raise awareness and fund programs for sexual abuse of minors be a more rational and helpful reaction?

how about both...why does it have to be one or the other

How would you feel if it was your family that was hurt, and Penn state rolls out it's football program in all it's grandeur every weekend. Sort of salt in the wound, and sends a loud message how we rank order things. Everybody consciously and unconsciously adjusts their algorithms accordingly.

How would you feel if you were the parent of one of those kids watching Penn state.

Would you want Nebraska football to roll on if this happened here?

how about both...why does it have to be one or the other

I guess it can be both but frankly I just think it is overkill...I just don't see how closing the football program will benefit anyone (victims, other students, etc). I can understand why people think this is the right thing to do, it sends that symbolic gesture that we think will possibly provide the victims some closure. However it will not change what happened, it will severly impact 1000's of people and possibly cripple some local businesses...negative effects to people/places that had absolutely nothing to do with this. More good can be done by keeping PSU football in place and using that program as a tool to raise child abuse awareness through the $$ that is generated by the actual games.

College football has suffered from this!
IF PSU plays this year ...College football becomes a joke

I'm 99.9% certain it's too late to cancel this season -- regardless of what action the NCAA takes. Tickets sold. Hotels filled. Summer drills starting soon. And schedules set. Too much is already in place -- including a ton of finances -- to do much about this season so far as playing games is concerned.

How would you feel if it was your family that was hurt, and Penn state rolls out it's football program in all it's grandeur every weekend. Sort of salt in the wound, and sends a loud message how we rank order things. Everybody consciously and unconsciously adjusts their algorithms accordingly.

How would you feel if you were the parent of one of those kids watching Penn state.

Would you want Nebraska football to roll on if this happened here?

sick people within a program made this happen...not the actual football team.

To answer your questions. If I was a parent I honestly don't know what I would feel. I work with children who have been sexually abused and their have been instances in which the father was sexually abusing the child and physically/mentally abusing the mother. You could fault the mother for not reporting the sexual abuse but on other hand when people are under the control of another individual you can begin to understand that "they had no chance"...so many things are going on in the minds of victims that it can make the logical step that you and I think would be a nobrainer very very difficult. I have also seen incidents in which the other siblings/wife/father had no idea what was going on So in my mind, I would hope I would be able to understand that it was the sick people in control that made this happen and not the people/program they overlooked. (Not saying the other coaches ane players were "abuse" victims, just saying that people in charge in a "prgram/home" can make the rules, etc..)

If this happened at Nebraska, I would still feel the way I do now about this subject

Last edited:
Why punish people who had absolutely nothing to do with the scandal?

Then why punish programs for anything? Why must these poor USC Trojans pay right now for Reggie Bush's shenanigans?

Sometimes life isn't fair. If PSU gets punished severely, and current players feel like they're getting a raw deal then they can transfer.

Last edited:
Then why punish programs for anything? Why must these poor USC Trojans pay right now for Reggie Bush's shenanigans?

Sometimes life isn't fair. If PSU gets punished severely, and current players feel like they're getting a raw deal then they can transfer.

that phrase has always cracked me up...it is used when we want to make a decision that makes little to no sense but want to justify it:Biggrin:

that phrase has always cracked me up...it is used when we want to make a decision that makes little to no sense but want to justify it:Biggrin:

Or maybe it's a more thoughtful analysis, where a person knows that no matter what decision comes down, some will be affected, even if they were not involved in the situation/ process. Thus, life is not always fair.

Or maybe it's a more thoughtful analysis, where a person knows that no matter what decision comes down, some will be affected, even if they were not involved in the situation/ process. Thus, life is not always fair.

Oh I get it....

why play and hand over a check to PSu and send the message to the abused....it really wasnt that big a deal

Why not play the game, beat them soundly then keep PSU's check and turn it over to a good cause?

Then why punish programs for anything? Why must these poor USC Trojans pay right now for Reggie Bush's shenanigans? .

the offenses are completely different in my mind...USC was doing things that were in an attempt to improve their performance on the field (perks to players brings in more star players, etc...). The abuse at Penn St was not in an effort to improve recruiting, player performance, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back