• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Boycott Penn state

Status
Not open for further replies.

abominable snow man

Recruit
5 Year Member
No fans show up. Nobody watch.

I know what you are thinking, you are thinking this is the dumbest idea since the question "will you take this pledge?"

But I don't think any message is being sent or received, and money and power will talk. At some point people have to stick up for right.... one person at a time. I fully understand the most powerful influence I can have is by being a good dad. Next by by being a neighbor. But on the grand side of things I wish we could say enough to the system. It doesn't take a powerful commissioner, (lord knows Dan beebe is proof of that). Enough of having all the wise big money people make a decision for us. If the thought of Penn state doing business as usual makes you mad, turn it off, stay home.

Do I expect this to happen? Heck no. Why? That's a good question for each of us to answer and maybe some of the reason this craziness is present

...Im not going to miss a Husker game. ...dont punish those who didnt have a part in this...and those college kids to my knowledge didnt

I don't think the Death Penalty is a good idea for Penn State too many people will be hurt because of this that have nothing to do with the football team. Stiff financial penalties (loss of tv income and bowl games), loss of scholarships should suffice. Since they tried to keep this hidden for 13 years, they lose 13 scholarships (down to 72) for five years, or.... equal to collective jail sentence for all involved.. if it's 140 years for all of them combined they lose 140 scholarships.

...and there goes the sellout streak......because of PSU? I don't think so.

One of many reasons it's not practical. But perhaps all thes practical reasons, these reasons why we can't/will not/do not"..........maybe We are treating our money as our master rather than a tool, a streak has turned from an accomplishment to an obligation. We have boxed ourselves in with our stuff maybe to the point it's hurting our judgement. Suddenly we have good reasons why what happened in Penn state isn't our problem, we shouldn't be inconvenienced. Maybe so of Pennsylvania is a province in china. But it's here. In my country. Where my childrens children will live.

Nevertheless I respect your opinion. I am just be don Quixote. I do appreciate the response, brother.

One of many reasons it's not practical. But perhaps all thes practical reasons, these reasons why we can't/will not/do not"..........maybe We are treating our money as our master rather than a tool, a streak has turned from an accomplishment to an obligation. We have boxed ourselves in with our stuff maybe to the point it's hurting our judgement. Suddenly we have good reasons why what happened in Penn state isn't our problem, we shouldn't be inconvenienced. Maybe so of Pennsylvania is a province in china. But it's here. In my country. Where my childrens children will live.

Nevertheless I respect your opinion. I am just be don Quixote. I do appreciate the response, brother.

I agree that they should have to pay in some way, but this hurts Nebraska and Lincoln. The revenue generated by home games funds many other sports. It's not just the almighty dollar. It's financial viability for minor sports. In addition, many Lincoln businesses count on the revenue for survival.......and I'm okay with Don Quixote. :)

Last edited:

I thought the story on the Max main page about the DJ who was saying give your tickets to kids, so they can go, was actually a great idea.

I think if half the stadium (or more!) ended up being kids, it would make a very interesting yet classy message to Penn State and the country.

I wouldnt go to a game that involved PSU if I was given bench seats.

Positively Scum University is just that.

No better way to show those that were abused that ...sorry kids the game must go on...we'll get back to you...right after the game now go run and play

There are plenty of ways to show your disgust for what happened at PSU and your support for kids moving forward. Boycotting a game may be what makes you feel better about it, but I personally don't know that it does all that much. Maybe we could all spend a little more time with our own kids/grandkids, give up a few hours of television to do some volunteer work, donate money and/or items to charities, etc. Personally, I think those would all be more productive than skipping a football game being played by young people who had no involvement in the scandal.

Punish the university, punish the administrators, punish the coaches, punish everyone actually involved... but punishing innocent people isn't going to do much. When/if sanctions are brought against PSU, I think every single one of the current players should be given the opportunity to transfer to another school without having to sit out a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back