• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Boxing: DAZN, Showtime, ESPN, HBO

You think that Joshua earned stripes against Kiltchko? Klitchko was baaaad in that fight. I think a number of boxers could have beaten him on that night.
I've always thought that Klitchko was too stiff. Even in his prime he looked like a mummy.

You think that Joshua earned stripes against Kiltchko? Klitchko was baaaad in that fight. I think a number of boxers could have beaten him on that night.
Well, he was definitely gassed early. But, it looked like Klitschko had a chance to take him out and he withstood it.

Well, he was definitely gassed early. But, it looked like Klitschko had a chance to take him out and he withstood it.
Which begs the question; when the last time the heavyweight division was legitimately good?

Which begs the question; when the last time the heavyweight division was legitimately good?
I really started losing interest post-Tyson. There were a lot of great fighters between lightweight and super middle that made you not miss the heavyweight division. However, if we think the Klitschkos were products of a down division, it was probably the Bowe/Holyfield/Lennox days.

I really started losing interest post-Tyson. There were a lot of great fighters between lightweight and super middle that made you not miss the heavyweight division. However, if we think the Klitschkos were products of a down division, it was probably the Bowe/Holyfield/Lennox days.

Am I wrong in my thoughts on the Klitchkos? I was just never impressed with the athleticism of the Klitchkos. They seemed like solid boxers who hit really damn hard. I grew up watching Tyson/Bowe/Holyfield though and would be willing to admit that may have caused some bias in fight styles. Even Lewis seemed a bit underwhelming to me. I enjoy the 140 to light heavyweight fighters much more than heavyweights now.

Am I wrong in my thoughts on the Klitchkos? I was just never impressed with the athleticism of the Klitchkos. They seemed like solid boxers who hit really damn hard. I grew up watching Tyson/Bowe/Holyfield though and would be willing to admit that may have caused some bias in fight styles. Even Lewis seemed a bit underwhelming to me. I enjoy the 140 to light heavyweight fighters much more than heavyweights now.
I always thought they were stiff and boring, too. They were the best of their era but, yeah, I think the division was pretty weak and shallow during their reign.

I used to never miss a boxing match if I could help it and used to be big into the UFC also, however, I have cooled way down on it, and can't even recall the last boxing match I've seen. Perhaps it was the Maywheather-Paquaio fight. I've kind of given up on it for the most part and I certainly wont pay 120 bucks a year to watch or maybe watch a bunch of guys who are essentially scrubs box. This DAZN is completely new to me, and seems like it's about 15 - 20 years to late in the game to ever really be successful.

you're not wrong in a sense - they don't have the mobility of ali or the punching speed of tyson, or foreman power. but at the same time, as with football, when your technique is perfect, talent doesn't have to be more than 3 stars.

you don't dominate the boxing heavyweight division for 10 straight years plus without being a legend. regardless of the era.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back