• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bowl System May Change With Coronavirus Alterations

After reading this again unless we really tank badly we more than likely would get a bowl game at say 4-6

15 extra practices would be huge

I guess if an entire season were to be played, there's no reason to not play bowl games. I get that bowl committees and conferences have to prepare as if those games will be played, but that seems so far from now that it shouldn't even be on the radar of things most CFB programs should be preparing for.

I guess if an entire season were to be played, there's no reason to not play bowl games. I get that bowl committees and conferences have to prepare as if those games will be played, but that seems so far from now that it shouldn't even be on the radar of things most CFB programs should be preparing for.

Why not it gives teams and fans hope.....

WelcomeFrayedDugong-size_restricted.gif

Where was this opportunity the last three years when we needed it? As most probably recall, we did actually back into a bowl game with a losing record in 2015 (Riley's first season).

We made the bowl game based on the rules so at least in my mind that was not backing in. Not to mention a big win over UCLA.

You take them how you can get them with the 15 extra practices being the big thing.....

could have really used those practices last year with the missing spring practices. Can't help but believe those extra practices are important in building depth.
Would rather see a nice winning record of course then getting in on 4-6 record.

Why not it gives teams and fans hope.....

I don't disagree. Bowl committees have one job, and that's putting on bowl games, so I expect them to proceed with their plans. As far as hope, lets first hope that regular season games can be played.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back