• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bought in versus not bought in

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I hear this a lot. Maybe not as much as light years but still a lot. What does bought in mean? If we lose a game does that mean someone wasn't bought in? Bought in on what exactly? I mean if a receiver you are covering runs a 4.3 40 and you can only run a 4.5, does that mean you're not bought in?

Bought in - not just a commitment to self and team improvement, but also an understanding, acceptance and desire to continue execution of the coaches' direction and mission until perfected or maturation to the level your capable of. Hooah!

Not bought in - "Hey, I'm just another clown in your circus coach. Tell me what to do and I'll give it a try. Sounds dumb, but hey, your the coach."

I would say a player that runs past all his teammates in a dog pile and trots into the locker room by himself as his teammates celebrate is not bought in. This same player has looked like a pretty impressive football player at times so to me being good and being bought in are two independent things.

I would say a player that runs past all his teammates in a dog pile and trots into the locker room by himself as his teammates celebrate is not bought in.
Yeah. I found it interesting that the coaches inserted him as the starter the minute his suspension was over last week. His half-as, ahem, hearted effort with those carries to start the third quarter changed the momentum.

I would say a player that runs past all his teammates in a dog pile and trots into the locker room by himself as his teammates celebrate is not bought in. This same player has looked like a pretty impressive football player at times so to me being good and being bought in are two independent things.

True statement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back