• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bought in versus not bought in

I think there is more than AM in the disconnect in the offense and it speaks of not bought in.

I would say a player that runs past all his teammates in a dog pile and trots into the locker room by himself as his teammates celebrate is not bought in. This same player has looked like a pretty impressive football player at times so to me being good and being bought in are two independent things.
I alway look to the sidelines. Are then in the game or they jackin their jaws and laughing while the team is fighting their ass off

I would say a player that runs past all his teammates in a dog pile and trots into the locker room by himself as his teammates celebrate is not bought in. This same player has looked like a pretty impressive football player at times so to me being good and being bought in are two independent things.
It certainly looked that way. I suspect navigating Mo's waters is a tricky one for Scott. Sometimes outward appearances are deceptive if you dont know the person, but I agree, on the surface it doesnt look good. And if that truly is the case, I'm sure that leash is getting really short for Scott.

Bought in and not bought in is difficult for outsiders to discern on game day. Coaches and players see it day in, day out in practice and in the film room.
Coaches and teammates undoubtedly make the connection to what manifests on Saturday by either bought in players just not making a play or a talented not bought in player still playing good with less obvious "tells" as to them not being fully on board.

I hear this a lot. Maybe not as much as light years but still a lot. What does bought in mean? If we lose a game does that mean someone wasn't bought in? Bought in on what exactly? I mean if a receiver you are covering runs a 4.3 40 and you can only run a 4.5, does that mean you're not bought in?

Have you ever played Texas Hold'em?

Have you ever played Texas Hold'em?

I have. Found out I can play a lot better watching on TV than I can sitting at a table. :Bananalazy:

They don't let you see the other players cards at the table. :Lol:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back