• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bored rewatching 94 game against puffs

Will there ever be a better announcer then Keith Jackson? He had a way to make the mundane exciting. There are some de ent announcers today. Keith was the King.

It will be hard to beat. Today's announcers seem all want to have catchphrases, or they are so corporate and buttoned down, like Jim Nantz. There's nothing wrong with that, but Keith Jackson was just so natural at it, and his absolute love for college football came out in his announcing. He also was the best at making it about the game, not him.

It will be hard to beat. Today's announcers seem all want to have catchphrases, or they are so corporate and buttoned down, like Jim Nantz. There's nothing wrong with that, but Keith Jackson was just so natural at it, and his absolute love for college football came out in his announcing. He also was the best at making it about the game, not him.
Your last sentence is dead on. Although he later became bigger than some games. He was not the one who made it that way. I do not recall anyone who did not like him announcing their game.

80410758-239d-48fd-97f4-65457c2818fa_text (1).gif

He was as good as there was. His openings were classic. Welcome to Norman, Oklahoma, where today, the 3rd ranked Cornhuskers come rumblin down the plains to take on the top ranked Sooners. Whoa Nellie, we got a classic today, as it doesn’t get any better than a matchup like this.

Will there ever be a better announcer then Keith Jackson? He had a way to make the mundane exciting. There are some de ent announcers today. Keith was the King.
I was at this game. One of my favorite home wins. Lots of questions before that game. Colorado was very good. Nebraska dealing with multiple injuries. No Tommie. Yeah, I think many national people thought CU would win. It was total domination.

Personally, guy was a dick!
You guys probably have no idea who Huell Howser was but he was huge for anyone who grew up in California and watched a lot of PBS. It came in really well on the bunny ears. Anyway, he was the most affable guy in the history of TV. I met someone who worked with him years later and they said he was a total D. I don't care. I still love him.

You guys probably have no idea who Huell Howser was but he was huge for anyone who grew up in California and watched a lot of PBS. It came in really well on the bunny ears. Anyway, he was the most affable guy in the history of TV. I met someone who worked with him years later and they said he was a total D. I don't care. I still love him.
Havent heard that name in decades, had even forgotten the reference

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back