• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Boom! Bill Busch returns

Busch is a great hire, exactly what we needed. — somebody with lots of experience including some in our conference.

Unfortunately, he is on the side of the ball that is already serviceable. Our O analyst leaves alot to be desired in my book, and unfortunately that is where we need more help.

Busch is a great hire, exactly what we needed. — somebody with lots of experience including some in our conference.

Unfortunately, he is on the side of the ball that is already serviceable. Our O analyst leaves alot to be desired in my book, and unfortunately that is where we need more help.
Well, saban days to understand offense you have to understand defense. I agree on the hire

Based on what?

Limited experience, none in our conference, and this could be both a positive or a negative but he is another Kelly disciple. It is good that they will be on the same page, but at some point an outside perspective may be nice — especially after how we’ve looked the past 3 years.

Limited experience, none in our conference, and this could be both a positive or a negative but he is another Kelly disciple. It is good that they will be on the same page, but at some point an outside perspective may be nice — especially after how we’ve looked the past 3 years.

IMAO, lack of in conference experience isn't really an issue on the offensive side of the ball. Having experience in the 'Root' offense that is what Frost wants to run is a bigger deal.

I do think bringing him in is at least in part some of the 'outside perspective' you're talking about.

Busch has many postives with few negatives imo. Reading what former players say about him was enlightening and he's someone that I hope lands a full time Husker coaching slot. If Frost doesn't find him a full time hands on coaching position he'll be gone next season imo. Hopefully he can help straighten out the dumpster fire known as ST! We are one of the worst in college football and if we're going to have a successful 2021 season there needs to a major overhaul of ST's. Perhaps Busch is the person that can really effect significant improvement this coming season.

Are you thinking of a different coach? Busch had experience at Rutgers, Wisconsin, and Ohio State.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back