• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bolt

Ackos

Husker Fan
20 Year Member
received a one-year contract extension and his deal now runs through June 30, 2026. In addition, Bolt will receive a $100,000 increase in his annual salary.

received a one-year contract extension and his deal now runs through June 30, 2026. In addition, Bolt will receive a $100,000 increase in his annual salary.

Does that mean raises for asst. coaches are also built in?

I do not follow the business side of college baseball. Is that good raise or a low ball raise?
I don't believe it! He takes us to a B10 Championship, and we almost knock off Ark (which, we should have!) and he gets 100K bonus? Never mind the year! That should go thru 2030!! Fork up more, next time, or someone will snap him up! If you are successful as a coach, others will want to steal "you" away!!

Don't know either but seems a pittance compared to football. I knew there was a large disparity, but geez.
As you can "see", I totally agree with you!! Misers, for sure. Taking advantage of a coach who is an alumnus is b.s.!!

I could give a rip about Michigan. Bolt turned around a team that was not even picked to be in the top 6 of the conference, and he won it going away!! :Catfight::Taunt::Stirthepot:

Well, I got on just to wish you all a Happy 4th of July. :) God bless America!!

1625439402092.png

Maybe we could have given him a bigger raise if we hadn't agreed to pay our outgoing AD such a huge amount for retiring early? If Bolt keeps winning, and I think he will, the SEC will come calling and even doubling his salary won't keep him here. We need to decide if baseball is important to us or not.

He had a great year, raise is deserved.

Also comes just two years/one full season into his tenure here, that's pretty early to be getting a large bump. With sustained success, I'm sure he'll rightly get an even sweeter deal.

If Bolt keeps winning, and I think he will, the SEC will come calling and even doubling his salary won't keep him here. We need to decide if baseball is important to us or not.

$400,000 is the highest paid baseball coach in the history of Nebraska. We can, and will, pay more but coach Bolt will need to advance further than a regional final to get more than $500,000 IMO. (And I'm sure he knows and understands this).

Coach Bolt just received a 33.5% pay increase. And his assistants are receiving a raise as well. An increase of 33.5% is a statement to coach Bolt.

Doubling his current salary, which would then be $800,000, is roughly 7% more than Lemonis made this year at Mississippi State. And his accomplishments far outweigh what coach Bolt has to date (even prior to 2021 CWS).

2021 CWS participants head coach salaries
Vanderbilt - $1.2M+ (reportedly)
Arizona - $850,000
Virginia - $765,000
Mud State - $750,000
Texas - $730,000 ($120K less than normal due to Covid)
Tennessee - $550,000
NCST - $435,000
Stanford - (unknown)

Tennessee is expected to throw a boatload out after this season so I assume he's gonna be pressing close to $1M soon. Danny White isn't messing around on this.

Coach Bolt saw first hand what the SEC did to his mentor, Rob Childress. Who's to say he wants that? I'd be more concerned over an Oklahoma, Oklahoma State or TCU than I would be an SEC school. Nebraska needs to make a facility commitment soon to baseball. It's long overdue and we've been passed by Kansas freaking State & Wichita State :Lol: . The videoboard was nice for 2020 but our locker-room hasn't been updated since Haymarket Park opened. We're way behind the times on updates. And don't get me started on the Alex Gordon Center. Thank you AG for the donation, but he deserves more than what that represents.

And I haven't even touched our atrocious travel situations. Again, another investment but this one has to include softball as an equal thanks to Title IV. The B1G can solve this problem extremely easy but they're so flipping incompetent it's beyond sickening.

Last edited:

$400,000 is the highest paid baseball coach in the history of Nebraska. We can, and will, pay more but coach Bolt will need to advance further than a regional final to get more than $500,000 IMO. (And I'm sure he knows and understands this).

Coach Bolt just received a 33.5% pay increase. And his assistants are receiving a raise as well. An increase of 33.5% is a statement to coach Bolt.

Doubling his current salary, which would then be $800,000, is roughly 7% more than Lemonis made this year at Mississippi State. And his accomplishments far outweigh what coach Bolt has to date (even prior to 2021 CWS).

Arizona - $850,000
Virginia - $765,000
Mud State - $750,000
Tennessee - $550,000
NCST - $435,000
Stanford - (unknown)

Tennessee is expected to throw a boatload out after this season so I assume he's gonna be pressing close to $1M soon. Danny White isn't messing around on this.

Coach Bolt saw first hand what the SEC did to his mentor, Rob Childress. Who's to say he wants that? I'd be more concerned over an Oklahoma, Oklahoma State or TCU than I would be an SEC school. Nebraska needs to make a facility commitment soon to baseball. It's long overdue and we've been passed by Kansas freaking State & Wichita State :Lol: . The videoboard was nice for 2020 but our locker-room hasn't been updated since Haymarket Park opened. We're way behind the times on updates. And don't get me started on the Alex Gordon Center. Thank you AG for the donation, but he deserves more than what that represents.

And I haven't even touched our atrocious travel situations. Again, another investment but this one has to include softball as an equal thanks to Title IV. The B1G can solve this problem extremely easy but they're so flipping incompetent it's beyond sickening.
I don’t follow baseball as closely as you guys. I really appreciate the information all of you put on here. I definitely think they should pay the man. This has actually rekindled the interest in me. Go Big Red!!!!

Arizona - $850,000
Virginia - $765,000
Mud State - $750,000
Tennessee - $550,000
NCST - $435,000
Stanford - (unknown)

Glad to hear this info...thx.

Anyone thinking we should throw more years and money at Bolt now should hop on over to the Football board and see what can happen when you give raises and extensions early in a coaches tenure before there has been any continued success.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back