• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Boise St With 2 First-Round Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

peder

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Doesn't it say something when Boise St has 2 first-round picks and we have zero?

Guess I'm in a brooding mood.

Not that we're the only team without a first-round pick (Miami, Oklahoma, Ohio St didn't have any either), but I'm just surprised by the respect that Boise St is getting in the draft.

Alabama had as many as all the B1G schools combined. None from NE, Mich, Ohio State, or Penn St. 1 from Iowa, Wisc. and 2 from Ill. hmmmm

Not that we're the only team without a first-round pick (Miami, Oklahoma, Ohio St didn't have any either), but I'm just surprised by the respect that Boise St is getting in the draft.

First time since 1980 that Miami and FSU didn't have a first round draft pick.

Don't be surprised by Boise State, that is a very talented program. What should be concerning to Nebraska fans even more than zero first round picks this year is that other than Burkhead who might end up as a first round pick, I don't see any Nebraska players going on the first two days (rounds 1-3) of the draft next year.

Heck, other than Burkhead I don't know that there are any Nebraska players who are sure fire NFL draft picks next year at all.

Last edited:

First, good for Boise St!

Check the stars on these guys came to Boise with. They were coached up to first round picks!

Pederson developed some 2 & 3 star prospects into NFL talent. That deserves a kudos. I'm not as puzzled as many about us not having a 1st rounder this draft as one, we only had 3 guys as preseason all americans at the beginning of the season with the best of them considered too small at his position at that position. Another was battling a injury all season that he received in fall camp, whom also just recently got himself into some trouble, with the 3rd whom was coming off a midseason injury that hindered him from putting up the best numbers in front of scouts in the post season. Last years draft we lost how many guys to the draft and free agent list. Not sure what everyone else expected, but it's not big surprise to me.

Next year we will loose just one guy whom I think will probably go maybe 3rd round or high 2nd in Rex. Our team is very young. In a 2014 & 2015's draft I think we will be loosing quite a few guys so hopefully we will be able to reload the seasons after.

...when Boise St has 2 first-round picks and we have zero?

If not for injury Crick would've been a first rounder... Dennard too, if not for his off the field issue

BS hasn't taken over college football, despite what the folks who are mesmerized by the blue turf might think.

Last edited:
IMO neither one of those guys were the best player at Boise either.

Doesn't it say something when Boise St has 2 first-round picks and we have zero?

Guess I'm in a brooding mood.

Don't brood, they have a quality thing going on there.

First, good for Boise St!

Check the stars on these guys came to Boise with. They were coached up to first round picks!

I recall reading somewhere, I will see if i can find the article, that BSU has lower standards and takes a lot of kids that other schools won't touch. This might have something to do with the lower star rankings of the kids. I could be wrong, just ask my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back