• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Boe Wilson in Transfer Portal

Our line wasn’t the biggest issue we had this year, it was the guy standing behind them. Had we had a QB completing passes to keep drives alive or being decisive in running to extend series, that would have changed a great deal of the perception of our OLine.

Right you are Lars. I don’t get the offensive line played terrible line.

They could have played better for sure, but what game did Nebraska lose because the offensive line played poorly.

Most thought they played pretty well against OSU.

The quarterback played let them down against Northwestern.

The whole team played poorly against Illinois, the defense was especially bad.

Iowa the team played decent just lost to a good football team.

Against Minnesota if Martinez hits some passes they have a great chance of winning.

So Wilson is better at guard than Farniok? Hardly. And as much as people whine about Benhart, he’s played darn close to Farniok at tackle, who looked like a fish out of water last year. Wilson wasn’t physically capable of making the plays we need a guard to make. He might be ok at basic run blocking, but he seemed to struggle when asked to pull. I also think we saw him struggle in pass protection enough to know he wasn’t dominant in that regard either.

Our line wasn’t the biggest issue we had this year, it was the guy standing behind them. Had we had a QB completing passes to keep drives alive or being decisive in running to extend series, that would have changed a great deal of the perception of our OLine.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If we improved at every position we switched out, then why did last year's line play better than this one in the second half of last year.

Benhart wasn't as good as Farniok. Piper showed flashes, but was a mixed bag. Farniok was more or less a push compared to what we had inside before. Overall line cohesion showed some problems this year. As for the QB problem, sure, we had that last year, and Martinez played better this year than he did last year.

Bottom line is that you're certainly welcome to argue the line was better, but our QB play was basically the same or better this year for much of the season. And even the Rutgers game isn't' as impressive as the Wiscy game last year against a much better team and much better run defense.

Frost had better figure this out, because if Austin needs another 6 game pre-season in order to get his OLine working, Frost's neck is going to be at risk

I had a no idea Burton used the name.

It was from one of the early ‘70’s Christmas showed.
. Favorite show Tim Burton ever did. He didn’t create it but did the animation. I don’t care for most his stuff but this was good.
6D5D32F9-5BFF-455F-8E7B-DE3B4C283EAA.jpeg

I hope he has a good last season there. He played hard, and sometimes well, for us.

Another example, though, of a transfer not exactly upgrading he leaves.
Never thought I'd see the day where a Husker O-lineman transferring to Western Kentucky could even loosely be considered "not exactly" an upgrade. I get what you're saying but it just sounds so wrong:(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back