• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Boe Wilson in Transfer Portal

He wanted to play but let the players decide, and was disappointed when they chose not to play. Also, he was very vocal about getting the chance to play this season when the B1G canceled the season.

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with where the team is and put almost all the blame on Frost, but calling him a quitter is just silly. He's as competitive as they come.
Ok I hope your right, I was on board 1000% with his hire. He is in charge of this team and they play for the state and the dedicated fans. I respectfully disagree about not playing.

I’m not thrilled with the OLine play, but I saw more weakness at other positions causing our struggles, so I’ll take the learning curve this year over wasting snaps on multi year starters who are getting beaten out by redshirt freshmen. I don’t really put much credence in a guy earning honors, then not being able to follow up on it. You watched as many games last year as I, were you impressed with Boe? Is it Jurgens fault that Boe was getting beat or missing blocks all together?

I’m sure it was more challenging to play without a solid veteran next to him, but wouldn’t you think an HM lineman might be a good person to put next to a newbie? You also had one of your best players next to him at tackle, so one might wonder why he looked far less effective than he had his prior year.

Our OL played well enough in the second half of last year to drive a > .500 team this year.

Jurgens was a big problem last year. If your center isn't making calls early enough or is snapping poorly and screwing up timing or doesn't understand the hand off points, you have problems. Boe didn't have those problems with Farmer, now did he?

And Jaimes played hurt a lot of last year after the ankle injury during the Illinois game (and Hixson was mostly playing the LG spot anyway)

My point is pretty simple. We had plenty of talent to put our a respectable OL this year, but didn't. That's on the coaches. Maybe it will pay off next year, but I'm out of giving them excuses after 3 years of line play sucking for 6 games to start the season every single time.

Last edited:
Our OL played well enough last year to drive a > .500 team this year.

Jurgens was a big problem last year. If your center isn't making calls early enough or is snapping poorly and screwing up timing or doesn't understand the hand off points, you have problems. Boe didn't have those problems with Farmer, now did he?

And Jaimes played hurt a lot of last year after the ankle injury during the Illinois game (and Hixson was mostly playing the LG spot anyway)

My point is pretty simple. We had plenty of talent to put our a respectable OL this year, but didn't. That's on the coaches. Maybe it will pay off next year, but I'm out of giving them excuses after 3 years of line play sucking for 6 games to start the season every single time.
On the coaches. That doesn't matter anymore at Nebraska.

Go mix another drink and put your phone away for the night. Does nobody any good seeing your babble on the subject especially when you are in the sauce.
Ok thanks for the advice. It's a free country mostly that is until RR wields the ban hammer.

Last edited:

I doubt he will be picked up by a good program, but he probably wouldn't get much playing time here next year. Maybe it's not an interest in playing in the N
FL, but rather just wanting to play. That would be terrific and I hope that is his interest. He ought to e able to find some place to play.

I doubt he will be picked up by a good program, but he probably wouldn't get much playing time here next year. Maybe it's not an interest in playing in the N
FL, but rather just wanting to play. That would be terrific and I hope that is his interest. He ought to e able to find some place to play.
Depends how you define “good”. Lots of schools would jump at the chance to get an all-conference P5 guy. Kansas is interested. Not saying they are good just saying he can stay Fbs P5 if he wants.

Our OL played well enough in the second half of last year to drive a > .500 team this year.

So Wilson is better at guard than Farniok? Hardly. And as much as people whine about Benhart, he’s played darn close to Farniok at tackle, who looked like a fish out of water last year. Wilson wasn’t physically capable of making the plays we need a guard to make. He might be ok at basic run blocking, but he seemed to struggle when asked to pull. I also think we saw him struggle in pass protection enough to know he wasn’t dominant in that regard either.

Our line wasn’t the biggest issue we had this year, it was the guy standing behind them. Had we had a QB completing passes to keep drives alive or being decisive in running to extend series, that would have changed a great deal of the perception of our OLine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back