• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Boe Wilson in Transfer Portal

Some players, especially older players, sometimes need to see the field to maintain their desire for the game.
Its not always just dedication to a team, its having that fire/desire for the game itself.

Good luck Boe

With so many players leaving, I suspect they see or know something we fans do not have privy to knowing.

Like the younger guys are really talented and the guys transferring won’t play much? Scandalous!

They are very talented and have a great deal of potential, but I don't think we did our chances any favors this year by switching up an OL that played well in the second half of the year last year.

Maybe it pays off next year, but there aren't any excuses at this point.

And for Wilson, why wouldn't he transfer. He saw himself not getting snaps on an OL that wasn't very good until late in the season.. yet again.

They are very talented and have a great deal of potential, but I don't think we did our chances any favors this year by switching up an OL that played well in the second half of the year last year.

Maybe it pays off next year, but there aren't any excuses at this point.

And for Wilson, why wouldn't he transfer. He saw himself not getting snaps on an OL that wasn't very good until late in the season.. yet again.
So you think keeping Farn at tackle made sense? And Piper should have stayed on the bench? What would we have gained for next year? Time and time again we heard this year was kind of a freebie, but you think keeping our young, more talented players on the sidelines in favor of playing guys who may or may not have wanted to comeback for an additional season was the better choice for the program?

So you think keeping Farn at tackle made sense? And Piper should have stayed on the bench? What would we have gained for next year? Time and time again we heard this year was kind of a freebie, but you think keeping our young, more talented players on the sidelines in favor of playing guys who may or may not have wanted to comeback for an additional season was the better choice for the program?

did it make sense to have terrible OL play AGAIN to start the season?

More talented implies better, and while the new guys have a higher ceiling, they clearly didn't play as well as the OL did last year in the last half of the season.

So yes, this year was a freebie and we decided to play the kids in the hopes they'd get it. Maybe it'll pay off, but we're on the 3rd year in a row of having terrible OL play to start the season, and we shouldn't be surprised to see someone like Boe who was Hon. Mention All B10 2 years ago, look for a new place to play.

did it make sense to have terrible OL play AGAIN to start the season?

More talented implies better, and while the new guys have a higher ceiling, they clearly didn't play as well as the OL did last year in the last half of the season.

So yes, this year was a freebie and we decided to play the kids in the hopes they'd get it. Maybe it'll pay off, but we're on the 3rd year in a row of having terrible OL play to start the season, and we shouldn't be surprised to see someone like Boe who was Hon. Mention All B10 2 years ago, look for a new place to play.
I’m not thrilled with the OLine play, but I saw more weakness at other positions causing our struggles, so I’ll take the learning curve this year over wasting snaps on multi year starters who are getting beaten out by redshirt freshmen. I don’t really put much credence in a guy earning honors, then not being able to follow up on it. You watched as many games last year as I, were you impressed with Boe? Is it Jurgens fault that Boe was getting beat or missing blocks all together?

I’m sure it was more challenging to play without a solid veteran next to him, but wouldn’t you think an HM lineman might be a good person to put next to a newbie? You also had one of your best players next to him at tackle, so one might wonder why he looked far less effective than he had his prior year.

I’m not thrilled with the OLine play, but I saw more weakness at other positions causing our struggles, so I’ll take the learning curve this year over wasting snaps on multi year starters who are getting beaten out by redshirt freshmen. I don’t really put much credence in a guy earning honors, then not being able to follow up on it. You watched as many games last year as I, were you impressed with Boe? Is it Jurgens fault that Boe was getting beat or missing blocks all together?

I’m sure it was more challenging to play without a solid veteran next to him, but wouldn’t you think an HM lineman might be a good person to put next to a newbie? You also had one of your best players next to him at tackle, so one might wonder why he looked far less effective than he had his prior year.
To be fair, Boe played well prior to his injuries.
Bigs a tough league.

Last edited:

Ohh and our head coach is a quitter and doesn't want to play the game he is paid 5 million dollars to coach.
He wanted to play but let the players decide, and was disappointed when they chose not to play. Also, he was very vocal about getting the chance to play this season when the B1G canceled the season.

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with where the team is and put almost all the blame on Frost, but calling him a quitter is just silly. He's as competitive as they come.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back