• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bobby Newcombe

Interesting. My grandson on his traveling team is in the process of being moved. They no longer need him to play OL and are thinking about him as an Hback.

So last week he did not start. So I asked him if he was ok not starting this year. His response..."As long as we win I don't care. I will do what the team needs" For the record. His first play in at DE he forced a fumble.

Kid is 10. I hope he keeps that attitude.
You’re grandson in unique in today’s athlete. We have trouble getting kids to play football in my community. If they aren’t the star quarterback or receiver they quit. I’m glad your grandson has the right attitude.

Did you ever have a son that wanted to play football? If so, you would understand that getting you kid to understand "team" before "me" is a trick. Thats assuming dad is on the same page.
If i had a 23 year old son, I'd let the man make his decision, and not live vicariously through his choices. I wouldn't call him a quitter if he chose a different path than some jock sniffer wanted him to.

If i had a 23 year old son, I'd let the man make his decision, and not live vicariously through his choices. I wouldn't call him a quitter if he chose a different path than some jock sniffer wanted him to.
Yes 100% this. If my son is lucky enough to play college basketball it will be his choice where he goes. He might make it and then quit. It wouldn’t change my opinion of him. People calling him a quitter need to get a grip.

Interesting. My grandson on his traveling team is in the process of being moved. They no longer need him to play OL and are thinking about him as an Hback.

So last week he did not start. So I asked him if he was ok not starting this year. His response..."As long as we win I don't care. I will do what the team needs" For the record. His first play in at DE he forced a fumble.

Kid is 10. I hope he keeps that attitude.
That’s a pretty neat thing grandpa. Someone’s doing the right things.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back