• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bobby Bowden Has Terminal Illness

The guy built Florida St. into a perennial power. He brought them to Lincoln to play us. Not to many schools from Florida would do that.

I always liked Bobby and think he has a great deal of respect for Coach Osborne and Nebraska.

I remember watching him do an interview in the first quarter of the 1999 National Championship game that went on for a long time and I was wondering why is he doing that instead of managing the game.

Then it hit me that his job was to surround himself with the best assistant coaches and let them do their jobs so he could watch and do interviews from the sidelines.

I can't find it (mostly computer illiterate).....

But his letter to Nebraska and it's fanbase after their game in Lincoln was nothing but class.

I always liked Bobby and think he has a great deal of respect for Coach Osborne and Nebraska.

I remember watching him do an interview in the first quarter of the 1999 National Championship game that went on for a long time and I was wondering why is he doing that instead of managing the game.

Then it hit me that his job was to surround himself with the best assistant coaches and let them do their jobs so he could watch and do interviews from the sidelines.

Yeah, probably from the mid to late 90's onward that is what he did. At that point he was doing very little of the day to day coaching. He probably went to the offensive and defensive meetings at the beginning of the week and said. OK fellas what's the game plan this week. Then he would listen maybe make a few suggestions and say go do it. Osborne never would have been able to operate like that. He could never be that hands off.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back