• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bob Davie-"did the NU/Iowa game yesterday, the speed in this Florida/FSU game......"

Status
Not open for further replies.

First, bob Davie is an idiot...saying Cassidy is the backbone of the defense was ridiculous...and them putting Andrew green in the same category as dennard put me over the top.

Second, how can we be fast when our coaches never play our impact, fast players...to continue to see marlow and Linnie played ahead of turner baffles me...the kid can play and makes things happen...plain and simple...I could care less how he practices...we saw what bell could do when given the chance...how scary would it be to have bell, enunwa, turner, Martinez, Burkhead, Abdullah and heard/green on the field at the same time? You put your impact players on the field...plain and simple.

We're not slow on offense, but we are slow at LB (excluding David) and on the defensive line. We're VERY slow on the DL in my opinion.

Have you noticed the DL of the other conference teams we played? We are not slow on the DL compared to other teams in the B1G in my opinion.

Have you noticed the DL of the other conference teams we played? We are not slow on the DL compared to other teams in the B1G in my opinion.

I'll have to agree with Warhorse on this. PSU's line doesn't look all that fast, neither did Wisconsin, IMO. But did their job (what was asked of them by the coaching staffs). Speed kills but it's not the only weapon.

Last edited:
I'll have to agree with Warhorse on this. PSU's line doesn't look all that fast, neither did Wisconsin, IMO. But did their job (what was asked of them by the coaching staffs). Speed kills but it's not the only weapon.

According to statements from Cotton, Garrison, and certain OL, they were impressed and perhaps somewhat unprepared for the physical nature of play of B1G DL. NU faced some stud DL this season IMO

I'm just not impressed by the speed or athleticism of our DE's. To your point, yes I think our DT's are pretty quick especially when compared to the rest of the B1G (although not as powerful).

how scary would it be to have bell, enunwa, turner, Martinez, Burkhead, Abdullah and heard/green on the field at the same time? You put your impact players on the field...plain and simple.

I think we'll see quite a few of those guys on the field together next season - although to have all of them, we'd only have four true offensive linemen? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back