• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it concerning that something as incredibly basic as TACKLING is such an issue? If it was only talent and that was related to some unfortunate recruiting circumstances one could stomach that. But not Juniors and Seniors that can't do the most basic defensive task...that's kind of troubling.
Absolutely agree. Whatever you want to call it, it is very troubling. Unfortunately many of us are asking the same thing and don't like the answer you come up with.

When you are slow, you look like poor tacklers, or at least poorer than you are technique-wise. That's still concerning of course because its not clear why we don't have more speed.

The fire the coach thing is going to come up. It's inevitable. And obviously Bo does have to continuously evaluated. I certainly wouldn't keep him if what he's done so far is the best he can do.

But I think it's much too early to consider, and I don't even want to talk about it at this point. TO won't fire him for the next couple of years unless he has an actual losing season, the standard he set for Callahan.

I'd be happy if TO just renews Bo's contract so he always have 4 years remaining. Then evaluate him according to a firm standard at the end of 2014. That's the first moment I would consider a standard higher than simply having a winning season.

In the meantime, the longer Nebraska fans can keep from putting him on the hot seat, particularly by what they post, I think it actually increases Nebraska's chances for success, under Bo or under a successor, either one.

Probably already been said. If so, delete or merge.

1. his ego can't take having qualified assistants, or

2. he can't recruit, or

3. qualified assistants don't want to work for him, or

4. all of the above, plus some

So..........you are saying I have a chance? YES.......!

In guiding Nebraska to a 40-17 record, Pelini has put himself in some impressive company.

Among schools currently in a BCS-AQ conference, Pelini has become just the 15th head coach in college football
history to win at least nine games in their first four seasons on the job at that school. The group includes four
Nebraska coaches (Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Frank Solich, Pelini).

When looking only at coaches in their first head coaching job at a BCS Conference school, Pelini is one of only six
to win nine games in each of their first four years on the job, joining Osborne, Solich, Barry Switzer (Oklahoma),
Larry Coker (Miami) and Bobby Petrino (Louisville).

Pelini, Solich and Texas’ Mack Brown were the only coaches in Big 12 history (1996) to win nine or more games in
each of their first three seasons.

Pelini was among a group of 18 FBS head coaches who were hired for their jobs beginning with the 2008 season.
Pelini leads that group of 18 head coaches in victories over the past four-plus years with 39 wins, four more than
Kevin Sumlin, who has since left his job at Houston to take over at Texas A&M. In fact, Pelini is one of only six
coaches in the group of 18 still in the job they were hired for prior to the 2008 season.

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?37219-Bo&p=1054119#post1054119

Last edited:
It would seem that Bo's best teams were comprised of the players rising out of those shambles.

certainly his most dominating defensive unit (2009)... but the current offensive skill positions are far and away the best on that side of the ball during his tenure (& it's a youth movement)

the he can't recruit crowd sure seems to have selective memory.

certainly his most dominating defensive unit (2009)... but the current offensive skill positions are far and away the best on that side of the ball during his tenure (& it's a youth movement)

the he can't recruit crowd sure seems to have selective memory.

There's no doubt that at the offensive skill positions that the talent is practically unprecendented...and some said we could never get enough receivers here to run any kind of offense with a strong passing element. Between Rex, Ameer, Heard, Bell, Enunwa, Reed and turner...and Tmart...one problem is having enough footballs to go around.

Which is the irony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back