• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

Glad he was... his team was completely outclassed and he knew it. Feels bad to get boat raced I am sure. Hopefully he can rally his troops and win the next 3.

And he admitted as such. NDSU played one of their better games of the season, along with getting some big plays- kick return for a TD, and a couple of long rushing and passing TDs.

They definitely have the chance, they've made it through the harder portion of their schedule. Be interesting how the team rallies around the FR QB- Mays has both a broken leg and ankle.

YSU blown out in by a 3-6 USD 56--21. Back to back blow outs

Now 5-5

Last edited:

@Hotlanta Husker

Another blowout loss. Any thoughts? Why is the best HC in the MVC getting blown out?

Bo Pelini’s records at YSU:

5-6
12-4
6-5
4-7
5-5
what do you want from me to make you reduce this hard on you have? Say I was wrong?

Watched the first half... they were atrocious. Had a chance to get the ball back only down 14 before half and perhaps cut into the lead and instead one of their kids blocking the gunner gets hit by the bouncing punt at the 3 yard line... as if anyone should be inside the 10 yl let alone 5 ever when trying to return a punt. I don't even care about the Penguins beyond Bo (who I like) and being in a conference I know well...and I was utterly disgusted at times... much like I have been with our Huskers this season. I could shoot a scene out of Temple of Doom with the amount boneheaded plays we make.

Last edited:
what do you want from me to make you reduce this hard on you have? Say I was wrong?

Watched the first half... they were atrocious. Had a chance to get the ball back only down 14 before half and perhaps cut into the lead and instead one of their kids blocking the gunner gets hit by the bouncing punt at the 3 yard line... as if anyone should be inside the 10 yl let alone 5 ever when trying to return a punt. I don't even care about the Penguins beyond Bo (who I like) and being in a conference I know well...and I was utterly disgusted at times... much like I have been with our Huskers this season. I could shoot a scene out of Temple of Doom with the amount boneheaded plays we make.
I don’t think your mancrush on Bo would ever allow you to admit you are wrong.

Definitely a bad loss. The loss to NDSU can be summed up that it happens to a majority of teams when facing them, but SoDak? Not good, but with SoDak coming off of their loss to Western Illinois, you had to assume they were going to be ready to shake that loss off.

It just kind of seems like Bo is over coaching at this level, the passion seems different. Also having Carl help on the offensive side of the ball? Strange.

Honest question HnC, do you ever watch any of the games in FCS/MVFC? Or do you just check the scores to see if you can say something negative?
I think I have watched 2 YSU games since Bo was hired, both during their one playoff appearance.

It’s not hard to find reasons for negative comments in regards to the way his YSU teams have played. If you’re suggesting that watching the games might actually bring a positive outlook on the current state of YSU football, I’m all ears.

I think I have watched 2 YSU games since Bo was hired, both during their one playoff appearance.

It’s not hard to find reasons for negative comments in regards to the way his YSU teams have played. If you’re suggesting that watching the games might actually bring a positive outlook on the current state of YSU football, I’m all ears.
I think if you actually watched the league as a whole you would see that it is very much on par with 80% of Conference USA from top to bottom. Even Western Illinois who is considered the hot garbage of the conference would be comfortably middle of the pack if not upper half of every other FCS conference.

I think YSU needs to move to the OVC at this point..

I think if you actually watched the league as a whole you would see that it is very much on par with 80% of Conference USA from top to bottom. Even Western Illinois who is considered the hot garbage of the conference would be comfortably middle of the pack if not upper half of every other FCS conference.

I think YSU needs to move to the OVC at this point..
If, as you say, they have the best HC in the MVC, why would they need to switch?

The Youngstown State Penguinis started out today with some relief for the troubled team, as they matched up against the 3-7 Indiana State Sycamores.

Unfortunately, the Sycamores proved to be much better than their record, as they defeated the Fightin' Penguinis 24-17, dropping YSU to 5-6. YSU also falls to 1-6 in conference play.

I don't want to imagine how bad YSU would be if they weren't fortunate enough to have the best HC in their conference.

For someone who supposedly watches so little YSU football, sure post about it a lot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back