• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo did a very good job at Nebraska. The fishbowl got to him a bit, and by the time he was fired he was fed up with the administration.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that winning football games at this level is not easy. Since Solich was fired, we've had 4 coaches. 3 of those coaches have a combined record of 55-56 over 9 seasons. All three of them had at least two losing seasons. The other coach managed to steer the Huskers to an overall 7-season record of 66-27 (not counting the interim bowl game in 2003). He had zero losing seasons, won a minimum of 9 games, won 10 games 3 times, and won the division 3 times (tied one other time) across two different conferences. His teams never lost more than 3 conference games in a season, something the other 3 coaches combined to do a grand total of twice.

I don't care about a mean face, and yelling happens in football. I wasn't offended by his comments made after the Ohio State game, and I absolutely wasn't upset by his players-only meeting comments after he was fired. He wanted to make sure the players did what was best for them. In some cases, that meant staying. In other cases, that meant leaving. And he was 100% spot on about Eichorst.

Some (not all) of the people that lob excessive criticisms at Bo should look in the mirror... they certainly aren't any better than he is.

While I'm at it, there is no way he was trying to lose, nor was he trying to get fired. If he wanted to lose and/or get fired, that would have been easy. We've done a lot of losing in the years before and after him... the blueprint is there.
Bo Pelini would still be the Huskers coach had the officials not put another second on the clock in the title game against Texas. Tom Osborne hired him over Turner Gill which had to be a tough decision. If Osborne had any say in choosing the AD who replaced him he’d have hired a football man not a puppet lawyer.
He tried hard to loosen up( holding a cat above his head before a spring game in response to some twitter folks) but the criticism was relentless. The Omaha press never let up and he locked horns with at least two of them.
He should never have been fired he was a very good coach with a temper and look around college football there’s plenty like him. He didn’t suffer fools like Pearlman and Eichorst easily. He wasn’t afraid to trust young coaches he gave Papuchis and Eckler a job both have been successful with other Power 5 schools. He was loyal to his players and he won with the players he recruited.He’s the last coach to have anything close to a pass rush and sent his share of players to the NFL. He deserved better.

Fyi

Learned doctors have said it's round.
fb_img_1578863570361-jpg.36556

Bo did a very good job at Nebraska. The fishbowl got to him a bit, and by the time he was fired he was fed up with the administration.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that winning football games at this level is not easy. Since Solich was fired, we've had 4 coaches. 3 of those coaches have a combined record of 55-56 over 9 seasons. All three of them had at least two losing seasons. The other coach managed to steer the Huskers to an overall 7-season record of 66-27 (not counting the interim bowl game in 2003). He had zero losing seasons, won a minimum of 9 games, won 10 games 3 times, and won the division 3 times (tied one other time) across two different conferences. His teams never lost more than 3 conference games in a season, something the other 3 coaches combined to do a grand total of twice.

I don't care about a mean face, and yelling happens in football. I wasn't offended by his comments made after the Ohio State game, and I absolutely wasn't upset by his players-only meeting comments after he was fired. He wanted to make sure the players did what was best for them. In some cases, that meant staying. In other cases, that meant leaving. And he was 100% spot on about Eichorst.

Some (not all) of the people that lob excessive criticisms at Bo should look in the mirror... they certainly aren't any better than he is.

While I'm at it, there is no way he was trying to lose, nor was he trying to get fired. If he wanted to lose and/or get fired, that would have been easy. We've done a lot of losing in the years before and after him... the blueprint is there.
Wrong as usual. Nothing like a lot of revisionism in this post except for the part about ADSE....Pot meet kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back