• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Pelini to LSU? Update: Pelini says "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be a good hire. Bo is a 4-3 guy and LSU is 3-4 right now, would it matter?

He would be a good hire. Bo is a 4-3 guy and LSU is 3-4 right now, would it matter?
Most defenses are becoming so multiple now in order to deal with the spread offenses that I don't think it would matter that much as long as he doesn't throw out the terminology and techniques that they're currently using. If you already have a good defensive scheme and plenty of talent to fill the positions, it's probably wiser to have the DC adjust his scheme to what's already in place. A good and experienced DC can do that. Bo could do that.

Most defenses are becoming so multiple now in order to deal with the spread offenses that I don't think it would matter that much as long as he doesn't throw out the terminology and techniques that they're currently using. If you already have a good defensive scheme and plenty of talent to fill the positions, it's probably wiser to have the DC adjust his scheme to what's already in place. A good and experienced DC can do that. Bo could do that.
No I am pretty sure he could adapt. I ment would it hurt his chances of bing hired.

"According to the report, Pelini would like assurances that his brother Carl, currently on the staff at YSU, would be elevated to head coach if he left for LSU."

Am I the only one who laughed at that? The gall of a guy with a 33-28 record to expect someone on his staff to take over if he left is amazing.

"According to the report, Pelini would like assurances that his brother Carl, currently on the staff at YSU, would be elevated to head coach if he left for LSU."

Am I the only one who laughed at that? The gall of a guy with a 33-28 record to expect someone on his staff to take over if he left is amazing.

CARL-FENCE BABY!!!

He didn't seem too fond of the fan base either
I don’t think any of us can appreciate the pressure that comes with being the Head Football Coach at Nebraska. Regardless of how much you are paid, you have 1.9 million critics and second guessers. When things start to go bad, everyone has an opinion. When Melvin Gordon runs for 400 yds, boosters and the administration start making comments to the press. You have 20+ press people writing about every practice. Your kids and wife have to put up with abuse too.

Add to that mountain of pressure that he worked for a tool he didn’t respect, but who had the power to make his life miserable. I think he wanted out and didn’t really care how we perceived him when he left.

i dont think you can make much of Bo wanting to ensure his brother is promoted to HC, this would ensure his coaching staff at Yst remains in place. cant fault a guy for wanting to make sure he doesnt leave his asst coaches high and dry. especially since they're not making power 5 money. any coach looking to make this kinda move would do the same or he would be a bad HC. Also, given coaching has a fairly tight community, up and leaving assistants high and dry like that would make coaches less likely to accept a offer from Bo in the future be it as a DC or HC.

edit: for the record, not a fan of Bo, just being objective about the whole situation

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back