• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo Pelini show: Capital One Bowl edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperIsDead

Scout Team
2 Year Member
Bo looks like a beaten man. While I feel bad for him, I like this Bo Pelini better than the guy who condescends to and mocks the media members. I hope he can figure things out and get his guys on track to winning these type of games.

As a side: I miss the old coaches show where they broke down the game play-by-play. As meager as it was, that was the best info coming out of the program.

I prefer the new, half hour show to the old one, hour version. I watched both faithfully. I also hope Bo can improve on his media relations.... the present situation is not working to his advantage.

I prefer the new, half hour show to the old one, hour version. I watched both faithfully. I also hope Bo can improve on his media relations.... the present situation is not working to his advantage.

Really, you prefer the shorter length? Mostly the coaches didn't have too much to say, but every once in a while they would point something out or give some insight that I thought was like gold. With the shorter version, not so much.

Didn't they also used to delay taping it? Osborne always was in the studio if I recall correctly- I don't remember him ever doing it from the field post-game.

Bo looks like a beaten man. While I feel bad for him, I like this Bo Pelini better than the guy who condescends to and mocks the media members. I hope he can figure things out and get his guys on track to winning these type of games.

As a side: I miss the old coaches show where they broke down the game play-by-play. As meager as it was, that was the best info coming out of the program.

Agreed, but any show with Bo is painful to watch. I feel sorry for him, he is so uncomfortable with any speaking...even in front of the friendliest audiances.

Can't stand the new format. Preferred the "old days" when they showed almost every play. I'll admit it...I don't care about the feel good stories they show and the cutsie non-sense with players interviewing coaches and other players, etc.

Stumbled upon it tonight for the 3rd Q highlights and during the stretch where NU was holding and false starting Bo said "And then the refs decide to take over the game...calling false starts." :rolleyes: Click.

Agreed, but any show with Bo is painful to watch. I feel sorry for him, he is so uncomfortable with any speaking...even in front of the friendliest audiances.

Yeah, he's just not a spotlight type of guy. But I wonder if it wouldn't serve him better to have the film going with his and Greg's comments overdubbed. At least he could be talking football and not worrying about being on camera, or whatever.

Anybody checkin' out the "N" side Nebraska show, Greg's asking the same questions as he did in the Bo Pelini Show. Bo looked like he wanted to punch Greg...

I dvr'd the first one...watched .....then removed it from the dvr schedule.....its a complete waste of time

I dvr'd the first one...watched .....then removed it from the dvr schedule.....its a complete waste of time

Frankly, I miss seeing all 4 qtrs broken down, as sit was done on the 1 hour show. The 1/2 hour show seems to work for me, also.

Bo looks like a beaten man. While I feel bad for him, I like this Bo Pelini better than the guy who condescends to and mocks the media members.

I applaud whenever media members are mocked. Otherwise they get the egos of those d-bags on the ESPN shows.

Some people are cut out to be in media relations, and some are not. When Bo selected his career, I doubt he thought much about what would be required when he became HC of a major program. I wish there was an alternative for him, but don't see one. I'd still take him over a happy glad-hand constant talker like Rex Ryan.

Last edited:

Frankly, I miss seeing all 4 qtrs broken down, as sit was done on the 1 hour show. The 1/2 hour show seems to work for me, also.

I prefer to watch Ross Watson break down film at Holy Ghost church on Thursday nights.

Many people were critical of Tom Osborne during the first 10 years of his showing on the Sunday night highlights show. Although in a different manner he showed his discomfort with the media, particularly after a tough game.

Part of why NET's version of Big Red Wrapup at that time(can't remember what it was called) hosted by John Melton along with a player or two each week on Tuesday nights seemed to go over much better. Melton wasn't afraid to express his opinions about players, opponents, officials, etc. as Tom was accused of.

4 years into his tenture and we've only seen marginal improvement...actually have regressed on offense. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back