• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo doing a little flirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBraska

Varsity
5 Year Member
According to Shatel, Bo's talked to Penn State (can't tell who called who, or what was said). Shatel says we'd better get used to it. The only former coach we WANTED to talk to other programs was BC (sigh). Is this a little like your significant other batting eyes at the neighbor over the back fence? I suspect PSU broached the subject, not Bo. Others may feel otherwise.

Shatel says:
"David Jones of the Harrisburg, Pa., Patriot-News reports that NU coach Bo Pelini and Penn State officials spoke recently about the school's open football job. According to Jones, Pelini is not in the mix.
Pelini denied any contact with Penn State on Monday night. That's expected.
I've known Jones for several years. He's a respected journalist who has covered Penn State for years.
What I'm saying is, this looks solid (Jones wouldn't create something that isn't there). But what does it mean?"

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111219/BIGRED/712199866

PSU: Hey Bo, you interested in co...
Bo: No. No way. Not at all. Thanks for calling.

This of course will be spun into Bo hating Nebraska by the anti-Werewolf crowd. And that is pathetic.

Wonder if any of these "highly placed but unnamed sources" that "well respected journalists" cite have ulterior motives related to recruiting and EE compliance....

Bo will always be someone that schools with big money will come after. That won't change until he is paid on par with the top coaches and that won't happen until he wins some CCG's.

I think it may be more like:

PSU: Hi Bo, we are in deep you kow what, who could you recommend to help pull us out of this?
Bo: Um,, so and so would be a great coach, but you will have to get a full time AD first.

They maybe would ask him about how happy he is at NU but I really don't think they would even offer him w/o permission to do so from NU.

PSU: Hey Bo, you interested in co...
Bo: No. No way. Not at all. Thanks for calling.

This of course will be spun into Bo hating Nebraska by the anti-Werewolf crowd. And that is pathetic.

It could just as easily be spun into Bo supporting rapists....as ludicrous and also pathetic.

Last edited:
Not really sure why this is news. Any coach who is winning at their school, doesn't even matter at what level, will be looked at for other jobs. It is a compliment.

McKewon is drilling Bo on the radio today over this.

Which "McKewon drilling Bo" hasn't been all that uncommon since Bo gave Chatelain a bit of an undressing earlier in the year when Chatelain had repeated attacks on Martinez in his line of articles.

He seems to come up with a new slant every week.

Wonder if any of these "highly placed but unnamed sources" that "well respected journalists" cite have ulterior motives related to recruiting and EE compliance....
Remember all those "authoritative reports" from Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com in the summer of '10 as the B12 reeled? <STRIKE>That mouthpiece for Deloss Dodds</STRIKE> Brown was also viewed as a well-respected journalist. In fact, he might've been the most widely quoted source during that time. Yet, as we've seen, he was either planting UT propaganda as news, or flat-out wrong.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence -- not just the usual informational vaporware from so-called anonymous sources. Pelini will always be courted by other programs -- and will always consider their offers with varying degrees of seriousness. But a suddenly dysfunctional Penn State program that's going to stay that way for years, no matter who's in charge? Gee, what a sound career move. Maybe the Bo-to-Miami rumors will also resurface once the 'Canes get slapped with program-stuffing NCAA sanctions.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Remember all those "authoritative reports" from Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com in the summer of '10 as the B12 reeled? <STRIKE>That mouthpiece for Deloss Dodds</STRIKE> Brown was also viewed as a well-respected journalist. In fact, he might've been the most widely quoted source during that time. Yet, as we've seen, he was either planting UT propaganda as news, or flat-out wrong.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence -- not just the usual informational vaporware from so-called anonymous sources. Pelini will always be courted by other programs -- and will always consider their offers with varying degrees of seriousness. But a suddenly dysfunctional Penn State program that's going to stay that way for years, no matter who's in charge? Gee, what a sound career move. Maybe the Bo-to-Miami rumors will also resurface once the 'Canes get slapped with program-stuffing NCAA sanctions.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Love it. Especially the "informational vaporware" :Biggrin:

The PSU coaching situation will remain big news for quite some time. The pressure and urgency of their fan base must be enormous.

McKewon is drilling Bo on the radio today over this.

Which "McKewon drilling Bo" hasn't been all that uncommon since Bo gave Chatelain a bit of an undressing earlier in the year when Chatelain had repeated attacks on Martinez in his line of articles.

He seems to come up with a new slant every week.

I think McKewon is Nebraskas most overrated reporter. He picks some good topics for reporting, but his verbosity makes him almost unreadable.

Whats he like on the radio?

I don't believe Bo is looking for another job, but where would we be today if we hadn't fired solich. In terms of overall stability and progression, we'd be in great shape.

We are already in great shape, but it'd be nice if we didn't have to head off these rumors every 8 to 12 months.

Last edited:
I cant see Bo leaving Nebraska for Penn St. Penn St is a mess right now - plus, you'd be following a legend which is difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back