• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bluder

I may be wrong, but if memory serve me, I believe she will have only 1 returning starter for next year.

Two starters should be eligible to return for 2024/25.
  • Soph Forward Hannah Stuelke
  • Jr. Guard Sydney Affolter

Iowa has two notable commits in their 2025 class:
  • Journey Houston, Davenport, IA (Top recruit in Iowa & #19 overall)
  • Addie Deal, CA (Mater Dei). (Top recruit in CA & #12 overall)

Two starters should be eligible to return for 2024/25.
  • Soph Forward Hannah Stuelke
  • Jr. Guard Sydney Affolter

Iowa has two notable commits in their 2025 class:
  • Journey Houston, Davenport, IA (Top recruit in Iowa & #19 overall)
  • Addie Deal, CA (Mater Dei). (Top recruit in CA & #12 overall)
Wow. She has signed two top 20 gals in USA including the top recruit in CA? How is she doing that? Big NIL budget?

Wow. She has signed two top 20 gals in USA including the top recruit in CA? How is she doing that? Big NIL budget?
The snag of a girl from CA is a surprise. Less surprising to pull the in-state kid, although I'm sure was still hard to do.

Iowa has a lot of eyes right now with CC. Passionate fanbase and accumulating a lot of new fans thanks to Clark. Really important they try to make sure this isn't a flash in the pan.

I may be wrong, but if memory serve me, I believe she will have only 1 returning starter for next year.

i'd be stunned if she doesn't heavily use the portal. LSU asked Van Lilth to become more of a distributer than the scorer she was at Louisville. IMO, that's at least one of the reasons she entered the portal. I could see her being attracted to the challenge of filling Clark's sneakers in that offense. There's also Amoore, Oregon State G Talia Van Oelhoffen, Princeton G Kaitlyn Chen, a couple good guards from Arkansas and Kentucky in the portal.

Because of Clark, many of their newer fans expect Iowa to be good. Bluder has to reload, not rebuild. If they have a rebuilding year, some of their fans are going to call for Bluder's head. Is that unreasonable? Absolutely. But fans/boosters at every school have rarely been reasonable. Tennessee's fired two coaches since Pat Summitt was forced to retire because of her health. Both of them were program lifers, including Kelly Harper who won a NC as a player and went 108-52 as head coach. If their new head coach (who was at Marshall for a year) has a bad year, we might see UT's AD get some heat for something other than football losses.

Last edited:

They might see opportunity at Iowa.

USC and UCLA are not only loaded, their rosters are young. Stanford's roster is also pretty young, they only lose Brink and G Hannah Jump. Going to Cal, Washington and Oregon probably isn't a more attractive option than Iowa because all three programs are pretty bad, two of them are entering a conference where winning isn't going to get easier, and Cal's joing a conference that might implode within the next year or so.

The collapse of Oregon women's basketball has been pretty remarkable, there must be something seriously odd going on in that program. None of the four players from their 2022 #2 ranked recruiting class are still on the roster. One left for personal reasons in December 2022, and the other three entered the portal four days ago. That's on top of having nobody from Jaz's class finish their college careers in Eugene.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back