• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Blaise Gunnerson is 'N" Selected To All-America Bowl/Upgraded To 4 Star #132 in Top 247

I read some Iowa St stuff. Pretty dismissive, saying he will never play a snap at OLB. Then it devolved into nonsensical talk about condiments...

Condiments? Like some of their 'ketchup & mustard ' uniforms? ;)

I was wrong. Did not think he commit to NU. Good for him and the Huskers. Glad he did.
Huge get for the program. I as well thought it would be difficult to pull him out of Cyclone country. He should jump up to a 4 star for sure if he stays healthy and has a good season this year.

I was never to worried about the Clones, Huskers have good presence in the area for one. The other reason Kuemper and Greene Co. hate each other, and the Miller OL kid from Greene is going to ISU. Usually good athletes regardless of teams will recognize each, but not from these schools they truly loathe each other. Might have to try and make that Friday night lights match-up this season and see Miller and Gunnerson square off. My money is on Gunnerson, have seen Miller before...

Good get. It's a very good sign that we are getting a good number of the people who are at the top of our board and who we've made a priority to land.

We have a real need for a DE/LB rush guy, and Gunnerson could be him. No idea if he's going to grow into being a DE or will stay as an OLB - he carries 250 real easy, though, so could add more weight, but if he's sudden enough on the edge, it's nice to have a legit sized LB who can fit the role

Last edited:
I was never to worried about the Clones, Huskers have good presence in the area for one. The other reason Kuemper and Greene Co. hate each other, and the Miller OL kid from Greene is going to ISU. Usually good athletes regardless of teams will recognize each, but not from these schools they truly loathe each other. Might have to try and make that Friday night lights match-up this season and see Miller and Gunnerson square off. My money is on Gunnerson, have seen Miller before...

Not quite sure what you're trying to say, but Tyler Miller and Blaise Gunnerson have been very close friends since they were little. Miller had been actively peer recruiting Gunnerson HARD.

The Huskers are definitely on a recruiting roll the last week or so. Great looking prospects. :thumbsup:

However...

giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back