• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Blaise Gunnerson is 'N" Selected To All-America Bowl/Upgraded To 4 Star #132 in Top 247

His transition from 3 to 4 star pretty meaningless as well.
Not meaningless to us star gazers. RR is right...….moved us to number 14 in average. It confirms what many of us want is quality recruits. Yes there are character and other diamond in the rough things that come into play but I'm not seeing anyone playing in the CFP without high ranked recruits.

Not meaningless to us star gazers. RR is right...….moved us to number 14 in average. It confirms what many of us want is quality recruits. Yes there are character and other diamond in the rough things that come into play but I'm not seeing anyone playing in the CFP without high ranked recruits.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. There are plenty of reasons to want highly ranked recruits. Public perception and momentum are all things that the staff can leverage when trying to talk the next recruit into joining the latest batch of Huskers on the board. I like and want highly ranked and sought after guys. We should be losing battles to Clemson and ND for players as opposed to the Illini method of looking for some top ranked MAC guys to try and poach.

I mainly commented on the inconsistency of the meaninglessness of moving up in current class rank, vs the meaninglessness of a player we already have going up a star. Yeah, there are plusses. Does it effect him or me more? IF the answer is me.... I find it silly.

End of the day, I would like the recruiting gurus to agree with the coaching staff that a solid group of players is coming to Lincoln and that there were only 10 classes in the country they could identify as "better". End of the day, class ranking isn't going to address needs met, future needs met and overall fit to any one school.

I mainly commented on the inconsistency of the meaninglessness of moving up in current class rank, vs the meaninglessness of a player we already have going up a star. Yeah, there are plusses. Does it effect him or me more? IF the answer is me.... I find it silly.
For my part......its very meaningful relative to recruit perception. If our recruiting class is ranked higher it sets a better image for other potential high recruits. Moving a 3 star to a 4 star is absolutely huge in that we gain that higher rank and perception without having to do anything more. Its pretty simple.......if we want to move up the ranks this staff needs to recruit more 4 and 5 star recruits. When the recruiting services help us out then its a freebee and nothing to downplay.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back