• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Blackhawks’ Marian Hossa leaves game on stretcher after Raffi Torres hit (Video)

Could not disagree more...you take a blow like that and then lets see how you feel....Torres is a goon with a habit of doing this...

Hossa did nothing wrong.....so I disagree again...you need to go watch the video again....

Actually yes he did touch his head....should to his chin....

Ten years ago guys played with concussions too and they have paid the price....many times over....

Torres is getting what he deserves for a career of being a goon....just go on You Tube and you can see his other hit jobs.......

And you are not looking at this objectively, that's clear.. I have not idea why you personally hate Raffi Torres, but you are the one that needs to look at the video again.

As far as me taking a hit and "seeing how you like it"? really? That's not even close to being part of the conversation.

Hossa was skating though center ice with his head down, indisputable. Torres should hits Hossa in the shoulder to the chest, not the chin, and his head snaps further toward Torres, then back, never hitting him.

Its Torres a physical player, heck yea, does this deserve a suspension? Of course, but trying to "make an example' of him is just plain stupid.

Did I say I hate Raffit Torres? No i did not... So lets not go there....your a better person than that....

No actually I don't....and good luck finding any hockey expert on TV who agrees with you either....it was a blow to the head....heck even the NHL official site stated that....

I've had a head hit and a concussion so I know how it feels having had that happened playing a sport....

Torres is a goon and this BIG suspension has been coming and it is his fault no one else....

This photo says it all....

041712-Marian-Hossa-SW-PI_20120418025007554_660_320.JPG

And I suspect when Shanahan releases his findings on this suspension he is going to call it a head shot as the articles written on it have....on a defenseless player....

But Torres’ hit was the worst. Hossa didn’t even have the puck when Torres crossed in front of him, jumped and threw a hard-padded shoulder to Hossa’s head. Hossa dropped to the ice and didn’t move. He was later strapped to a board and carried off. Torres didn’t even receive a two-minute penalty at the time. He played the rest of the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/...torres-violence-fuels-Gary-Bettman-NHL-042012

And you are not looking at this objectively, that's clear.. I have not idea why you personally hate Raffi Torres, but you are the one that needs to look at the video again.

As far as me taking a hit and "seeing how you like it"? really? That's not even close to being part of the conversation.

Hossa was skating though center ice with his head down, indisputable. Torres should hits Hossa in the shoulder to the chest, not the chin, and his head snaps further toward Torres, then back, never hitting him.

Its Torres a physical player, heck yea, does this deserve a suspension? Of course, but trying to "make an example' of him is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
From the official NHL web site:

At issue was not just the hit that briefly sent Hossa to hospital, but also a pattern of similar plays from Torres. History is always a significant factor in Shanahan's decisions and the 30-year-old arrived in his office having been suspended twice and fined once in the past 13 months alone.

Torres left his feet and appeared to catch Hossa's head while launching through the hit — one he later referred to as a "hockey play." The Chicago forward had passed the puck off more than a half second before the contact and didn't see Torres coming.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628837

The NHL suspended Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres indefinitely on Wednesday for knocking Chicago's Marian Hossa out of the game — and maybe the playoffs — with a shoulder blow to the head.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/18/sports/la-sp-0419-newswire-20120419

Last edited:
I am not debating that a suspension is warranted, but to crucify him is asinine.

The rhetoric by the press is so ratcheted up right now its ridicules. The puck had been poke checked from Hossa .8 of a second, that was proven by TSN. He was skating though center ice with his head down and was turning back because of my previous point, that he had JUST lost the puck. Next, even from your own quotes, it APPEARED to catch Hossa's head.. not definitive and from every angle I have seen there is nothing to prove it did.

Lastly, he was suspended indefinitely due to his own request, not that of Shanahan. He wanted his hearing to be in person in NYC and was scheduled for today.

Yes, I have been knocked out during football from a blind side hit, and no its not fun, but that does not mean it was a dirty hit.

It was a head hit and a dirty hit...and I assure you it will be stated as such when the punishment is given out on Saturday...

That is not correct....bold below...

Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended indefinitely, pending an in-person hearing Friday, April 20, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today. The hearing, which had been planned for today, was deferred at the request of the player and the National Hockey League Players' Association.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628445

I am not debating that a suspension is warranted, but to crucify him is asinine.

The rhetoric by the press is so ratcheted up right now its ridicules. The puck had been poke checked from Hossa .8 of a second, that was proven by TSN. He was skating though center ice with his head down and was turning back because of my previous point, that he had JUST lost the puck. Next, even from your own quotes, it APPEARED to catch Hossa's head.. not definitive and from every angle I have seen there is nothing to prove it did.

Lastly, he was suspended indefinitely due to his own request, not that of Shanahan. He wanted his hearing to be in person in NYC and was scheduled for today.

Yes, I have been knocked out during football from a blind side hit, and no its not fun, but that does not mean it was a dirty hit.

Last edited:
Next, even from your own quotes, it APPEARED to catch Hossa's head.. not definitive and from every angle I have seen there is nothing to prove it did.

Yeah right. His head violently spun to the left because he saw a good looking lady sitting on the glass and his narcolepsy caused him to fall asleep on the ice. "There is nothing to prove it" except HE WAS ASLEEP ON THE ICE! Doh!

Oh and I love your belief that he suspended himself indefinitely. I may stop laughing by the end of the weekend. Good one.

He is being crucified because this is the third suspension, and he has been fined a couple times, since the end of last year's regular season (all for hits to the head). One can only deem him to be a head hunter. If the prior suspensions didn't deter him, then he needs to be "crucified" and sent off the ice for a much longer time to get his attention. This is not rocket science.

Last edited:
Yeah right. His head violently spun to the left because he saw a good looking lady sitting on the glass and his narcolepsy caused him to fall asleep on the ice. "There is nothing to prove it" except HE WAS ASLEEP ON THE ICE! Doh!

Oh and I love your belief that he suspended himself indefinitely. I may stop laughing by the end of the weekend. Good one.

He is being crucified because this is the third suspension, and he has been fined a couple times, since the end of last year's regular season (all for hits to the head). One can only deem him to be a head hunter. If the prior suspensions didn't deter him, then he needs to be "crucified" and sent off the ice for a much longer time to get his attention. This is not rocket science.

Please.. quit being so melodramatic. His head snapped to the front and then back due to the impact. If he hit his head, Hossa's head would have pushed back first, no?

Listen, I am not in any way trying to say that his hit was over the top and that a suspension was warranted, calling for his career to be over is wrong.

How many times does Mike Richards do the same thing in this vid? I counted at least 6 hits that were very similar to Torres's hit.

[video=youtube_share;CIIt3c1dguY]http://youtu.be/CIIt3c1dguY[/video]

Last edited:
It was a head hit....you seem to be the only one who doesn't see that....and when the league releases its suspension today it will state so....

Please.. quit being so melodramatic. His head snapped to the front and then back due to the impact. If he hit his head, Hossa's head would have pushed back first, no?

Listen, I am not in any way trying to say that his hit was over the top and that a suspension was warranted, calling for his career to be over is wrong.

How many times does Mike Richards do the same thing in this vid? I counted at least 6 hits that were very similar to Torres's hit.

[video=youtube_share;CIIt3c1dguY]http://youtu.be/CIIt3c1dguY[/video]

It was a head hit....you seem to be the only one who doesn't see that....and when the league releases its suspension today it will state so....

Excellent right up from an Edmonton sports writer.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...ilers-raffi-torres-and-a-little-bit-of-crazy/

I’m sold on the idea that Torres is a predatory player, but I’m not sold that he’s an out-and-out dirty one. He crossed the line on the Hossa hit because he left his feet – Tyler Dellow goes into some discussion on why this is an odd distinction to make but I’m not sure I agree with him – but reviewing his various hits that’s not normally why he hammers guys in the head. He hammers guys in the head because their head happens to be at the same height as his shoulder. Often, they were hits that targeted the head, but that was back when the NHL still viewed that as a legal play.

Yeah he is a predatory goon on the ice....and is going to pay the price this time for one to many times hitting a guy in the head...which he does not have to do....there is no excuse for hitting a guy in the head.....spin it all you want....that is a fact....and FWIW I think what this guy wrote is weak and trying to make an excuse fo whatr Torres has done and did to Hossa...I'm not buying this explanation....

Yeah he is a predatory goon on the ice....and is going to pay the price this time for one to many times hitting a guy in the head...which he does not have to do....there is no excuse for hitting a guy in the head.....spin it all you want....that is a fact....and FWIW I think what this guy wrote is weak and trying to make an excuse fo whatr Torres has done and did to Hossa...I'm not buying this explanation....

Here you go.. I hope that the NHL and you, maintains consistency.

[video]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=173753[/video]

Sad to see Torres get 25 and Asham only get 4 when he clearly had intent to injure

Sadly you were incorrect throughout this thread....and Shanahan just proved it....

It was a hit to the head....

Torre's is an habitual offender....

The NHL suspended him....he did not suspend himself....

This is about Raffi Torres....and no one else....

Here you go.. I hope that the NHL and you, maintains consistency.

[video]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=173753[/video]

Sad to see Torres get 25 and Asham only get 4 when he clearly had intent to injure

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back