• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels.

I don't think that I read the article that you're referencing, so I'm not exactly sure by your wording what it was saying. Are you saying that the U wants the athletic department to stop looking the other way, i.e. enforce the alcohol-free zone? If so, Moos is going to need to push back against that because it's just not smart to tell billionaire donors that they can no longer have what they've been doing, and, oh, by the way ... would you be a dear and give us some more money?

This would have been Eichoest era if I recall. They insinuated that people had alcohol delivered to their suites, and the University just pretended they were not doing it.

I don't think that I read the article that you're referencing, so I'm not exactly sure by your wording what it was saying. Are you saying that the U wants the athletic department to stop looking the other way, i.e. enforce the alcohol-free zone? If so, Moos is going to need to push back against that because it's just not smart to tell billionaire donors that they can no longer have what they've been doing, and, oh, by the way ... would you be a dear and give us some more money?
Let’s be honest, there are only 540 billionaires in the US and I don’t recall Warren as a frequent visitor and he’s a Coke drinker besides. So the billionaire tag doesn’t apply. But for multi-millionaires getting loaded with the U approval, watching student-athletes perform and generate insane profits for the league and school while they get books, tuition and all the pizza they want - some booze driven encouragement seems perfect for this quandary. Why don’t we take 25% and place in a trust for graduates that face hardships later in life?

Last edited:
Looks like the article I was thinking of was farther back, when TO was sitting at the AD Desk. Time flies.

"Osborne is aware that in the past some skybox owners would have alcohol brought to their suites the day before games. He said it is important to stop that from happening. "

Let’s be honest, there are only 540 billionaires in the US and I don’t recall Warren as a frequent visitor and he’s a Coke drinker besides. So the billionaire tag doesn’t apply. But for multi-millionaires getting loaded with the U approval, watching student-athletes perform and generate insane profits for the league and school while they get books, tuition and all the pizza they want - some booze driven encouragement seems perfect for this quandary. Why don’t we take 25% and place in a trust for graduates that face hardships later in life?

Why are you so bitter?

Not smart enough to do the math to figure out how many years it would take me to add up to 25K? I guess if I ever go to a Georgia game I will just drink with the average everyday Joe's before the game.

Last edited:

I do not drink so I am only concerned about the product on the actual field. I will be coherent so I can “see/remember” all of the wins in the 2019 season!! :thumbsup:

DownrightImperfectFlyinglemur-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
If you're talking about the guys in the regular seats, yeah, sure, especially since some percentage of those are probably under-age college students. If you're talking about the suites ... really? You think that corporate CEOs or Gabrielle Union or Larry the Cable Guy are going to pay for a suite but then sneak in alcohol? Can't you picture Warren Buffett asking some of his cronies to sneak in some flasks so that he can save a few bucks?
Actually yes I could picture that. :nod:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back