• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of bathroom capacity. They need to use the restroom increases substantially when beer is there an in the equation. I remember the final days of Rosenblatt stadium and it was painful waiting in those lines.

I haven't followed this thread, but there has been alcohol for a long time in the boxes

It is with great irony that I agree with those who do not want alcohol sold in the stadium. My position is due to us usually sneaking in a flask and buying a Sierra Mist fountain soda in a commemorative cup. It's a win win. Much, much cheaper, we get a cool drink vessel, and we aren't tempted for another after our drink is done. Plus, we don't miss any of the action due to physical or cognitive absence. We peasants remain satisfied while the royalty can continue their subjugation ;)

I've done a lot of security at various stadiums (state police) and booze was almost always either permitted or available in the high roller sections (suites). Not debating the policy simply that it seems to be SOP for almost all high roller sections.

Vast majority of ejections and/or arrests usually involved over indulgence of adult beverages. Anywhere you have that many people consuming alcohol there's ALWAYS going to be a small percentage of total A-holes. Bottom line since I don't have a dog in this fight I just hope the decision is carefully thought out........

I've done a lot of security at various stadiums (state police) and booze was almost always either permitted or available in the high roller sections (suites). Not debating the policy simply that it seems to be SOP for almost all high roller sections.

Vast majority of ejections and/or arrests usually involved over indulgence of adult beverages. Anywhere you have that many people consuming alcohol there's ALWAYS going to be a small percentage of total A-holes. Bottom line since I don't have a dog in this fight I just hope the decision is carefully thought out........

I just love the fact that at Memorial Stadium, it's a family-friendly atmosphere. you can bring your 5-15 yr old kids, and they can enjoy the experience. People are generally polite, not too much overtly loud swearing. Crowd generally supportive. I don't think it's as nice as it used to be, I think the younglings have changed us for the worse (booing the opponent when they take the field). But it used to be so much easier being supernice Husker fan when we were kicking team's asses up and down the field.

Other items that should be restricted to suites and club seating:
. Der Wienerschlinger. Only people who pay more for their seats should have the privilege of the chance for free hot dogs and T-shirts.
. Roaming vendors. Sitting in the top row in the south stadium? Head down to the concession stand, bub. Let the fat cats get seat-side service. As donors of significance, they deserve that little extra hospitality.
. Tunnel walk. Why the peons get to experience that luxury before each game is a mystery to me. It should be piped into the suits only. Let the low-lifes have their Hip-Hop. Sirius for the suites only. Siriusly.
. Expanded selection of Husker attire. As the color purple was reserved for royalty, black only in the suites. Everyone else should dress exactly the same, like the automatons that they are.
. Victory celebrations. The rest of you go home, schmucks.

I'm pretty neutral on the stadium alcohol sales. If I had any concerns it would be because of the emotional passion Husker fans have and what it might lead too. Albeit that is already happening with some drunks there. What Id be more interested in is beer sales at baseball games. That just seems to go hand in hand and quite frankly I believe would lead to much larger attendance. I actually attend more salt dog games than Husker games for that reason. As much alcohol and partying that goes on around Ameritrade for the CWS, alcohol sales inside don't seem to be causing problems with the fans.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...dium-ncaa-where-you-can-drink-beer/528530002/

It's not as if this is a crazy concept that no one has tried.

Moral high ground? It's as if Pollard hasn't figured out what kind of binge drinking goes on during the tailgate experience, and ISU does have a very good tailgate experience. Nevermind they now sell alcohol in club seating. Anyone ever had any issues at a CU home game? If it happened before 2018 it wasn't because of alcohol sales inside the stadium, regardless of whether booze is sold inside the binge drinking will happen outside the stadium. If you want this moral high ground thing to be a legitimate argument you will have to ban drunk people from entering the stadium.

Paying up for an experience is expected in the entertainment industry, if you don't sell alcohol in club seating you may as well be lighting money on fire.

I'm guessing, and I did just say guessing, a lot of the push back would come from old money donors who want to pretend they are sitting on the moral high ground as they pull the bottle of Jack out from under the sink.
Very true statement about the under 40’s wanting premium food and drinks. I work in the alcohol industry and it’s a fact that the millennials are driving the majority of growth in super premium and luxury wine, spirits and beers.

I just love the fact that at Memorial Stadium, it's a family-friendly atmosphere. you can bring your 5-15 yr old kids, and they can enjoy the experience. People are generally polite, not too much overtly loud swearing. Crowd generally supportive. I don't think it's as nice as it used to be, I think the younglings have changed us for the worse (booing the opponent when they take the field). But it used to be so much easier being supernice Husker fan when we were kicking team's asses up and down the field.

Isn't that more about the quality of fans and not the perceived lack of alcohol?

C

Isn't that more about the quality of fans and not the perceived lack of alcohol?

C

Yes, but as the older fans fade out, they are being replaced by younger fans, who, somehow, did not get brought up on the correct to way to just cheer for our team, and ignore the opposition.

Alcohol will generally only fuel bad behavior, so I'd be against it. However, the libertarian in me says go for it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back